So upset !

jld123

Reaction score
I am really upset. my boyfriend has just text me to say his work wont let him have the time off for my 20 week scan. Even though he gave them 4 weeks notice they said its not possible! are they allowed to do that? He only works part time at morrisons while hes at uni for easy money. but im pretty sure if it was an older guy wanting the time off for the same thing it would be fine but as hes only 20 they think 'oh its not important' well it is bloody important! im so so upset about it :(

unfortunately the fathers arent entitled to time off. the only way he can protest is if its a shift that isnt in his contract (overtime etc) sorry hunni

my oh couldnt make my 12w scan and i was really upset but loved telllin him all about it and sharing the photos. Also gave his sister a chance to meet the lil man as well as she is going to be a big part in his life!

aww thats shit for u. If he asked a while ago thats really unfair if he was told he could have it off.

Call in sick?
Swap wi a work mate?
Try swap scan time? xx

Yeah he's not entitled to the time off like women are for maternity appointments - he should put in for a days holiday or just sod em and phone in sick on the day!! xx

Get him to put it in for a holiday...a months notice is long enough isn't it? if not i would just get him to take the day off sod it!!!

thanks girls, luckily he is able to come now.

Apparently what happend was he asked his manager for the time off who said that he couldnt see why it would be a problem, but he needed to run it by HR. So on his break he spoke to someone in HR and they said it was not possible as it was too short notice. So back on his shift his manager asked him if everything was ok and confirmed to which he replied no and told him what they had said. And his manager says right thats not on, marched up to HR, demanded he have it off as its an important occassion and any woman would want and need her other half at the scan, and they had no choice but to give him it off :D

Turns out his manager (who is male by the way) had a child at 17 and understands the importance of it all.

Thank you manager!! :D

What a lovely man! See there are still some nice people in the world!

Glad everything is sorted hun and I hope you both enjoy the scan xx

Aww that's a nice ending :)

I'm hoping when our 20 week appointment comes through it falls on hubby's day off or is in the evening like our 12 week scan, he is a postie and they aren't very helpful with time off etc

awwww glad you got it sorted x x x when urs again hun x

Last edited:
I love it when people have some emotion & realise we're all human! Regardless of what it's for, if it means the world to you & you give enough notice it should be sorted. I always try to get people to put themselves in my shoes & ask how they would feel if they were told no.

Thank goodness for considerate people.

Sunnyb xxx

Glad it all came together for you and you can both enjoy your scan x

Thanks :) Really upset me at the time, I love it when things fall into place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back