So f**king angry is unbelievable!!!!!!!

LouiseH

Reaction score
So!!!!!!!!
My nanas best mates grandson has just had a baby (well his gf) at early hours this morning! However she was due the day before me.. (I'm due 22nd june!) And I asked my nana not to tell people the name we've chosen.

Then about 4 weeks ago I was sat in Neros with my nana and her 2 mates having coffee. And her mate comes out with 'Oh I was telling my Grandson the name you've chosen, he really likes it.' And automatically I was pissed off knowing my nana has told people! Cause it was our job to do that not hers....

And you'll never guess what?!

They've gone and named their daughter.. TAYLOR!!!!!
I'm fucking fuming!!!!!! We've had Taylor Rose picked out for ages, Taylor after my Grandad as its his surname. And now they've went and used it!!!

I'm so upset and angry!!!!!

Oh and because I'm upset and angry.. My nanas having a go at me telling me not to be so pathetic and childish!!!! WTF!!!!!

I would be FUMING!! It is a big deal and you are not being childish at all. Grrrrr x

oh no :(

This would piss any woman off!!

Do you have contact with them?

Try not to focus on other people, there will always be people with the same names hun.

I know it is shit and you will still be upset though... completely understandable - older women have no self restraint!

Yeah we do, they live in the same street as my nana. But apparently there moving onto my estate too! :(

I would be livid. And its not a common name either to claim they just randomly picked it

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Oh no name thiefs!! Id be seriously pissed off aswell! Can u still use ur name? If their not related or friends of yours id use it any way, try not let them spoil it on u. But thats really shitty x

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:
Id be SO pissed offf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U have every right to be angry, spesh as u kept it quiet aswell! :( omg!!!

arrghhhhh xxx

Duno what I'm guna do..
Don't wana tell OH cause he'll hit the roof!
And people have already bought stuff with her name on (Like his Mum!) We only told close family the name, and asked them not to tell anyone, and my bloody nana went and told people and now this!

Its really put me on a down :( xx

I would be furious!!!!!! and you're not being in anyway childish...it takes ages to get a name you really like i think and especially as that name has a real sentimental meaning behind it too!
Still call your daughter that if you want to, it wont matter that its the same in the long run (i know that doesnt help now) and when you announce the bither whether it be on Facebook or wherever you can put 'Taylor was born at.....named after her Grandad....if you see what i mean. All the people that count will know you had it first.
I would be sooooo cross too though!!!!!
x

DONT YOU DARE CHANGE THE NAME HUN!

If this couple remembers you HAD it 1st, it nana told her friends the name so they r fully aware they are copying you!

I know ull probs think others will think ur copying them.. but dont let it get to you!!

Im sure your lil girl will suit Taylor perfectly :)

I had similar to this... girl in work i told way before getting preg i was having Noah if i ever had a boy..
Got pregnant, then she did 3 weeks after me and she was telling everyone she wants Noah James if shes having a boy!

I KICKED OFF!!!

Thank god i had my gender scan and its a lil boy and i told every sod going. Shes since decided to change her chosen name lol.

I know they have already beat you to it!

But u have ur heart set on Taylor so PLEASE keep it!!!

SOD THEM!!!!xxxx

Wow that's ridiculous! Out of a million names did they really have to pick that name? I would really tell people when they ask or make comments. I'm wondering if they would have picked the name when your little Taylor would have been here first. xx

I would be furious!!!!!! and you're not being in anyway childish...it takes ages to get a name you really like i think and especially as that name has a real sentimental meaning behind it too!
Still call your daughter that if you want to, it wont matter that its the same in the long run (i know that doesnt help now) and when you announce the bither whether it be on Facebook or wherever you can put 'Taylor was born at.....named after her Grandad....if you see what i mean. All the people that count will know you had it first.
I would be sooooo cross too though!!!!!
x

That is a good idea announcing it like that x

The girls above have made good point, its them copying u so theyv abit of a neck on them. Some ppl have no imagination, cheeky *******s. Keep ur name esp if its after ur grandad as thats lovely & as Anna said make it clear when annoucing its a family name. Nanas are desperate, stick to ur guns as uv a right to be raging! Dont let it get u down, frig them x

I feel better after all the comments!
But still angry..
I'm not guna change the name..
But I'll make damn sure that people know xx

Aww bless hun, I would be absolutely fuming!!!

Just really repeating what the other ladies have said and that its them thats copied off you! and thats a really good way of announcing it too!! Make a point in telling anyone that's friends/related to that couple you've had it picked since day 1 and its after your grandad and then they'll hopefully feel the copycats!

Im pleased your not going to change the name!! its fab! and goes lovely with Rose!
xxx

I'd be livid hun, I really would.

My SIL was due 3 weeks after me and we were both team yellow so we kind of discussed names early on. Luckily we have different tastes..

James is quite common but I don't personally 'know' any other James' (or any recent babies names James - seems most people use it for a middle name)

I would 100% keep your name but have a back-up too, she may not actually look like a Taylor when she comes??

xxxxxx

That is a stunning name hun.

Glad u are still using it. How rude of those people! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member