So f**king angry is unbelievable!!!!!!!

Id be really annoyed too, butvdont tou change your name youve chosen, I have 3 cousins all born I the same year with thd same name, but you know what as Anna said you have meaning behind the name any anyone who you actually care about will know the reasons already, your grans been silly but id just let it go coz u never know what tomorrow holds

I would be raging too! Nanas can't keep anything to themselves can they! Glad you're still using it xxx

Grrr I would be annoyed too. Taylor is my maiden name so going to have it as my middle name. I love it!!!

What a bloody pain!!! I'd be really annoyed too. But don't let it affect you hun. There's no reason for you not to still use it. Screw them. It's your name. Once your daughter is here you'll forget all about it I'm sure. It's a beautiful idea to name her after your grandad and no one can take that away.
Try not to stress hun, it's understandable you're annoyed but let it wash over you. Life is too short to let it be ruined by imbeciles xxx

Oh how annoying. :( id be very pissed off. Mainly because a family member told somebody the name when u asked them not too :( x

Sent from my GT-I9300

My Nana doesn't even think she's done anything wrong! Just tells me to grow up and that I'm hurting her feelings! X

I'd be so angry too but defo keep the name cos it'slovely that she will be named after your grandad so has a sentimental reason behind it - not because you couldn't think of you own name so had to steal someone elses !!! And at least they aren't related so as maddening as it is I wouldn't worry about it too much hun xx

As if my Mams just had a go at me for being upset..
Am I being unreasonable being annoyed?!

You are in no way being unreasonable hun, I would be livid. I really can't believe people steal names like that, I hear it so often. When I was pregnant if someone told me a name I might think 'oh that's lovely' but knowing they've chosen it would make me definitely not choose it, certainly not copy!

Taylor Rose is a really beautiful name and I'm sure it'll suit your little princess perfectly xxx

I'd keep it! But do you know the other couple hadn't already picked it? And that's why they said they liked it?

Ive settled on our girls name and it turns out its the same as my cousins chosen name whose due same month. We both came to like it separately and neither of us want to change.

I've told everyone my chosen names so if another baby happens to have the same name (lots due!), people know I wanted it originally and I've not copied!

Keep it! Its a popular name, it doesn't matter if another child has it, but I can completely see why you are upset

Xx

You def have a right to be annoyed. Ive had my little boys name picked for months now, it is literally the only boys name me and oh agreed on, but i know 3 other women who are having boys around same time as me, not friends but acquaintances, and I really worry that they might have chosen that name too, and folk might think I'd copied them. My close family know the name and I just tell everyone else that we have chosen our name but were not telling yet.

I would be so angry! We have not even chosen a name for our little lad yet so I am pleased I don't have to share it with anyone until he is born but if I was in your situation I would be really upset, it's a big thing selecting a name!

As if my Mams just had a go at me for being upset..
Am I being unreasonable being annoyed?!

No you definitely are not being unreasonable and as the majority of us who have replied have said we would also be annoyed and upset then I think it is perfectly understandable. Try not to let it get you down too much though hun. Remember stress levels won't be good for bubs :) xx

I can't believe someone would do that when its so blatantly obvious it's someone else's chosen name! How are they gonna look you in the eye?!

I would be mega pissed off, I don't think you're being dramatic at all.

So rude.

Tapatalking!

Feeling better-ish today but still super pissed off.
I'm literally not speaking with this again.. Childish? But I don't care.
And if they do move onto our estate they can get twatted if they think they'll get a warm welcome! X

That is really bloody irritating. Ive always liked the name James for a boy, lots of my close friends knew that. Out of all my mates, my best mate gets preggers first and calls her son James lol I was absolutely fuming. Im gonna call my little boy Kaiden now, but ive only told my parents and his parents. Ive also kept possible girl names/boy names to myself in case I want more children. Still call your baby Taylor, its an awesome name, fuck em!! xx

Me and my SIL were due 6 days apart. We had the name chat about 3 weeks ago, only one name came up on both our lists - Thomas for a boy (this was also the only boys name OH and I agreed on!!). Nothing else was said other than it was on both our lists.. She went into prem labour a week later, and they've named their little boy Thomas!!

It annoyed me that there was zero discussion, but I can't really do or say anything about it, so back to the drawing board!!

I can see why it's so annoying, enough to make you really mad. It's not close enough for you to not name your baby that though at least :) so easy to get extra annoyed by stuff when you've got all these hormones flying around though!

My Nana doesn't even think she's done anything wrong! Just tells me to grow up and that I'm hurting her feelings! X

Hurting her feelings?? I almost choked! :wall2: Does she not remember what it is like being pregnant??! I would fly through the roof with anger oh dear! That personally I'm not settling 100% on a name is personal but I can understand if you DO find that name you love its for keeps! Think of it this way when your lil' one asked why she is named the way she is you can give her a reason to be proud where it comes from :D

And nanna's best mates grandsons' GF will have to cough up the fact that she was an unimaginative cow and stole it off you! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back