So flipping angry with dh

ah i hope youve got it sorted hun.

ive had a go at my OH due to drinking to much to drive, he likes a drink we both do, obviously ive not since BFP, and he has really cut down, but ive said i dont want him drinking more than a couple at night incase i need to be driven to hospital too, its so frustrating and scary and he dosent get that.

my oh used to be like that in the beginning but calmed down a lot since we got serious.still get panicky though cos i was messed about by an ex and he knows that. its his bday on sat and trying to persuade him to go out as long as he has his phone on and doesnt get too drunk just in case. but when he did do that id make him pay. think hes a bit scared to go out now lol oh and i agree with the comment about making his hangover unbearable. make as much noise as possible :) x

I just read this and it made me so realize that i dont just go through it mayself. When I first got pregnant, my OH went out one night and got smashed at some point in the late hours of the morning about 4. Came back with some of our mates (a couple) and said we would put them up for the night?? "REALLY", i said. "I don't bloody think so" (bearing in mind i hated this girl that was with them) and told him to get rid of them pronto. Anyway so when they left, he told me he was also "leaving" to go back out. So i said i don't think so. Told me he was going to leave me and it was over. Then I threw a pint of water over him whilst he was slouched over a sofa, told him he was a prick and if he had any decent bone in his body he'd apologies, shut the hell up and give me a break. Then i found out 2 weeks later some girl 9being a total slut bag who shags most womens boyfriends and what would commonly be known as a home wrecker) came on to him bleeding that he gets rid of me and gets together with her. I was told by various people she was told to do one and went of crying (ha ha) and it was wittnessed by many. Anyway 7 months later I saw the silly cow bag who "tried" to be nice and did a stupid little "hiya emma how are you" (winy wingy little perthetic voice) and i simply turned round to her "fine, perfect happy and having a family thanks" and what a shock she got when she saw my bump. If looks could kill.

totally understand your fraustration though about "the oh ways" but in the end hopefullly it turns out how it should be xxxx

How did things go hun? :hug: Really hope you're ok.xx

My ex used to do this at least three times a week especially when I was preg.. I'm so sorry uve been thru this I know exactly how u feel :hug: :hug: I'd question him about the text.. But that's me.. I trust noone!! I had girls calling my exs phone under a male name and getting pissed off with me for answering it!! While I was preg with Ellie.. They were like, 'who the *uck are you??!' ...to ME!!
I'd check it out.. But u know ur OH more than we do it's totally your judgement call..

The drinking with no contact is unacceptable.. Don't let him get off lightly!!

Last edited:
My husband has done the go out drinking with friends number and the trouble is that once he's hammered he doesnt understand that its not ok to be out all night. But he's sorry in the morning and I get to make my point over and over and he tries really hard for a while (til next time there is a big night out, which to be fair is about once every 2 months). But then it's different because I know there will be no girls involved. All his friends are married as well and just love getting together as lads and catching up.

If I thought for a second some girl was texting him (and I'm sorry but I dont buy the 'accidental text', I've had a mobile for 15 years and never recieved or texted someone by accident) I would go absolutely ape shit, I would demand to know what the hell it was doing on his phone and I'd make a lot of threats!

They are never perfect but there are some things I would put up with (the occasional big night out) and some things I wouldnt (other women!).

Good luck hun, hope its all resolved :hug:

:hug: I'm sorry to hear he's being so crap to you hun :(
How are things now??? x

Just read all this DW- poor u! What a jerk your OH has been! I really hope that he has grovelled and explained it all to you so you can get on with trying to rest and get thru work before LO arrives without any more dramas caused by him! xx

So sorry for not getting on sooner. My phone was playing up and wouldn't let me on pf at all for the rest of the day and yesterday I was off work with Lennon as he was ill (although he seemed perfectly fine by lunch time and was then driving me mad!! LOL).

Well, I was fuming with DH to say the least. He got up pretty early on Sunday morning and said he was sorry for his behaviour and that there was no excuse. As Lennon was around I didn't want to make a big scene so I gave him the silent treatment - went and had a shower and then went back to bed as I was knackered and while I was in bed he sent me a long text message saying how very sorry he was and how he's got a problem with drink (not that he has to drink everyday but in the way that if he goes out with his mates, he can't just have one or two and then come home, he gets wrecked and then stays out). He knows he's been acting like a total arsehole and knows he needs to knuckle down and stop being an idiot. He knows he's losing us through his own stupidity and wants my help to sort it out and be a better friend, father and husband.

I've told him that things can't go on like this, it's not fair on me, the baby or Lennon as I felt so stressed out on Saturday night and couldn't sleep at all.

I can only believe him about the text at the moment (he doesn't know I text her. Well, not from me anyway). When I asked him about it, he said I have no idea why she text me and seemed genuine and not like he was hiding something. I will be keeping a very close eye on him from now on though.

And, my really good friend at work said she saw him out on Saturday night (she doesn't know anything about any of this crap) and just said he was with a big group of lads that he plays footie with so I know he was definitely out with who he said he was.

Last edited:
:hugs: well at least he knows how upsetting his behaviour was to you, and sounds like he's wanting to change, xx

Glad he said how sorry he was, hope that's the end of it for you now, sounds like he was just out with his mates and got carried away, men seem to do this and have no time concept when they are out with their mates!

My oh has the same problem.. Doesn't know when to say when and each time it gets worse :( and each time I get the sorry speech.. Hopefully he genuinely believes he can do it and is willing to try his hardest :hug:

Glad you have managed to clear the air a bit Hun. It's such a horrible feeling when the air is heavy with an argument. Hope he sticks to his word and bucks his ideas up x

Oh dw what complete plonkerish behaviour ur so close to being full term and reallistically like u say u could go into labour n need to be able to rely on him. Its made me angry sending hugs xx

I'm so glad he apologised and wants to behave better - that's a damn good start! People get carried away going out for 'just a few' and it's so annoying for the one stuck at home. Xxxx

thank god for that ...he will prob do it again but I think it will get fewer and further between unless there is a more serious problem with drink but I doubt it from what you have said...fingers x hun glad you feel better x x x

Thank you all so much for your support, you have all been amazing.

I'm sure this wont be the last time he'll do it (it's not the first but it is the first time hes stopped answering any texts or phone calls - especially as his family were all texting/phoning him too) but I really do feel that his text was genuine and he really wants to change.

So glad he realised his mistake and bad behaviour xxxx

so glad hes been sincere and glad things will change :) xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back