So angry!

EmmBee123

Reaction score
Not sure if it is just hormones, but I got so angry that I cried last night when I heard about what a friend of the family was doing.

She was due 10 days before me, and had her LO at 28 weeks because he wasn't growing properly, he's had to struggle in hospital with breathing, infections, feeding etc and hasn't grown much, he tips the scales at just over 3lbs now.

He was released from hospital on Sunday, on Sunday evening, she'd had half the world, his wife and their dogs round to "meet the baby" particularly worrying as one said they were just getting over flu but she encouraged them to go round anyway (not just family, i mean practically everyone she knew).

Then on Tuesday evening, she took him to our local pub to "meet everyone" he was being passed from pillar to post.

Makes me so angry to think that he's being treated like a little doll, not like a real person. He's still so tiny, his immune system is so weak too (no benefit now of antibodies from his mum, and no breastfeeding so no protection from that either). Makes me sad to think that there's this little man who is being treated in my eyes like a toy.

Pickle's going to be huge compared to this LO, and I wouldn't think of introducing him or her to EVERYONE so soon, I certainly wouldn't let all and sundry touch him or her, not knowing how germy they are etc.

Sorry for the rant but it's just put me on edge.

:hug:

I know what you mean!!

Sometimes people just get so excited when they have a newborn baby and want to it show off. And alot of the time other people can just "take over" - I.e people you know just lifting baby out of buggy w/out asking mum first.

If there was a big risk of infection or whatever, they would have kept baby in hospital, i'm sure its immune system will be fine. Apart from the person who had the cold....thats not too sensible.

:)

I'm surprised they let him our of hospital so small, I thought they had to be nearer 5lbs to even be considered?! 3lbs seem absolutely miniscule.

I know what you mean too hun, probably would have made me cross too. Sometimes you're just better off not knowing these things so you can't get emotional over them.

She must be mad, wouldn't dream of doing that with a newborn let alone a prem. The risk of infection is so high when they are first born even with a healthy baby. Up to her I guess, maybe she's not very educated about this kind of thing.

:( some people just see baby's as accessories now a days and it's saddening :(

maybe she just so excited at having him home, dont agree that shes had just anyone round, and people who have been ill. hopefully he is strong enough to stay healthy x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back