So Csection it is...

Rósa

Reaction score
Well went for the ECV today. First time ever I saw my consultant, only seen his registrars before. He was quite off, and asked why I was there :shock: I told him I was told to come for an ECV to turn the baby. He said I wasn't a suitable candidtate for an ECV and even if they turned the baby I would never give birth naturally, as I have a fibroid on the neck of the womb. I asked why wasn't this told to me? he said he has no idea as it was on my first lot of notes from the first scan I had at 8 weeks, I actually asked about this at my 16 weeks appointment with his registrar and she said there was no woory, as did the dfferent one I saw at 24 weeks, and again the different one who I saw at 28, 32 and 36 weeks who booked me in for the ECV.

So I have been booked in for an elective c-section on the 8th April.
I will probably also need a different position of cut due to the fibroid as there is a danger of haemorraghing :(

I actually feel a failure now, I had half expected I would need a c-section, but to be told I wasn't capable to girth birth naturally because of my stupid body I feel upset and a failure. My partner just says Im being silly. But I would have accepted a c-section cos baby doesnt want to turn, can't seem to accept a c-section at moment cos my body is a failure :(

Awww hun, you are not a failure!!!! I know its not what you wanted but if its best for you and baby then thats the most important thing!

:hugs:

Aww hunny - you are so not a failure!! I know what you mean though I imagine you feel quite cheated?! Try and focus on the positive aspect - you know exactly when your little one is arriving, so u can get everything sorted and prepared and start getting excited! Xxx

Aww hun don't feel like a failure at all! You are doing a fantastic job of growing your little one inside you and it's just safer for you to deliver via c-section. On the plus side you didn't have to be prodded and poked around only to be told that baby hadn't moved anyway xxx

in 11 days time you will be holding your baby :) having a c section doesnt make you a failure at all you going ahead with a c section is the safest way to deliver your baby so your not a failure xx

oh hun you are not a failure, you are doing the best for you and baby, some people need them cause cervix wont go to 10cm others because head wont even drop into pelvis let alone loads of other reasons they are not a failure either and i dont think you would let them say they were. Its a good job your little one was breech otherwise you would have carried on thinking you were having a normal delivery and got the shock of your life when told in labour you had to have c section or even worse no one mentioned it and something bad happened so loko at it in a good way your baby being wrong way round has saved you alot more stress and panic and maybe worse. what a clever baby you have

Aww sorry you're feeling bad. On the bright side though at least you know when you'll meet your little one!

xx

You aredef not a failure. You cannot help any complications that arise. I bet it will be nice having the 8th April to look forward to. xx

Of course you're not a failure, the only failure here is them not telling you this before now and trailing you in for a procedure they were apparently never going to be able to do. Stupid them!

Good luck for the 8th, at least you have a date to prepare for :)

Last edited:
Youre not a failure at all! Youve done the amazing part - youve grown a baby!!! Think of all the infertile couples that cant do that, and here you are with a date to meet your lovely baby :)

Hope you feel better about it soon x

aww, so many people end up having c sections, that I dont think it really matters anymore - and a c-section is still quite a big thing to go through!
How awful that no one told you from the beginning?? Its probably becuase you havent had time to get your head round it, that it all seems a bit quick.

My friend had a planned c section, and she said it was a lot nicer than having to have an emergency one - its all quite chilled out, and you have a date you know your little one will be here!! Yay!!!
x

Thanks all, feeling better now, got my head round it, yep they are at fault from telling me when I was 8 weeks pregnant lol that I would need a c-section, but Im getting used to it now. Just got to get my head round the fact Im gonna be a mummy next week :lol: think I've been in denial, its scarily close now :lol:

Love you lot you have really reassaurred me :cloud9:

Last edited:
Glad you are feeling better :)

I wonder if you'll be the first April Mummy? :)

Hi Hun, the other girls are right, you have succeeded in looking after baby for 37 weeks! thats a success not a failiure. and an elective c section is better than ending up with an emergency one. My baby is breech at the moment, and I wouldn't want her to be turned, as I have just read that there are reasons that the baby is more comfortable in that position, such as position of cord, shape of uterus etc and they can become distressed if turned. I have fibroids too and it's just luck where they are. you are right to be angry at how you've been treated, but don't be angry with yourself. You would have got used to the idea by now if they'd told you the score in the first place. Just focus on your little girl... you'll have her really soon.... so exciting!!! xxx

Aw Hun! Don't be silly! Your certainly not a failure!
I was wondering the other day how much longer you've got left until your due! I'm on my phone so can't see!
I've been keeping an eye on you and Helen (pinkymum)
Good luck for the 8th! x x

Aw Hun! Don't be silly! Your certainly not a failure!
I was wondering the other day how much longer you've got left until your due! I'm on my phone so can't see!
I've been keeping an eye on you and Helen (pinkymum)
Good luck for the 8th! x x

Awww you're lovely chaz :) is charley better now? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back