Breech

Julie33

Reaction score
I went for my sweep today only to be told the baby is breech and I now need a C-section. :(

Was very unpleasent I had to have a ECV which involved an injection which made me feel sick and shakey and the actual trying to turn the baby was VERY painfull. Needless to say it didn't work and I'm booked in for a C-Section on Tuesday.

Oh well at least I know I'll be getting a baby on Tuesday and I won't have to go through labour.

Wow Julie
Has the baby just turned in the last week of labour! They normally do an ECV about week 37 I thought. How do feel about c-section? I guess as long as you have a healthy baby at the end of it that is all that matters. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday hon
jac xx :hug:

Sorry to hear the ECV didn't work. At my hpnobirthing classes I was told that there had been a lot of sucess in getting babies to turn just by using hypnosis on the mum - might be worth a try if you don't fancy the CS. Either way - good luck.

I know how you feel (sort of) as i had a breech scare last week and it tuned out baby wasnt beech but i understand some of the feelings you must have.

Had your baby engaged at all? just wondering if it turned breech at last minute.

Anyway hope it all goes well for you :hug:
There are lots of people on here who have had good exeriences with C-sections so try not to worry too much :hug:

About 6 weeks ago a midwife said she thought it might be breech because of a hard round lump at the top of my tummy, but when i went back the other midwife said the hard lump was the baby's bum and the head was engaged!!!!

At my appointment last week the midwife said she couldn't feel the head but that was most likely because it was deep engaged in my pelvis!

I went for my sweep today and the doctor gave me a quick exam and said the hard lump at the top was definatley the head, not the bum. I had a scan and it confirmed baby is breech. I quite disappointed TBH

Sorry you are disappointed hunny, try keep positive and focus on seeing your little one on Tuesday :hug: :hug:

At least you know you will have your LO tuesday i hate the not knowing!

Good luck for tuesday x

I went for my sweep today only to be told the baby is breech and I now need a C-section. :(

Was very unpleasent I had to have a ECV which involved an injection which made me feel sick and shakey and the actual trying to turn the baby was VERY painfull. Needless to say it didn't work and I'm booked in for a C-Section on Tuesday.

Oh well at least I know I'll be getting a baby on Tuesday and I won't have to go through labour.

Wow Julie
Has the baby just turned in the last week of labour! They normally do an ECV about week 37 I thought. How do feel about c-section? I guess as long as you have a healthy baby at the end of it that is all that matters. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday hon
jac xx :hug:

Sorry to hear the ECV didn't work. At my hpnobirthing classes I was told that there had been a lot of sucess in getting babies to turn just by using hypnosis on the mum - might be worth a try if you don't fancy the CS. Either way - good luck.

I know how you feel (sort of) as i had a breech scare last week and it tuned out baby wasnt beech but i understand some of the feelings you must have.

Had your baby engaged at all? just wondering if it turned breech at last minute.

Anyway hope it all goes well for you :hug:
There are lots of people on here who have had good exeriences with C-sections so try not to worry too much :hug:

About 6 weeks ago a midwife said she thought it might be breech because of a hard round lump at the top of my tummy, but when i went back the other midwife said the hard lump was the baby's bum and the head was engaged!!!!

At my appointment last week the midwife said she couldn't feel the head but that was most likely because it was deep engaged in my pelvis!

I went for my sweep today and the doctor gave me a quick exam and said the hard lump at the top was definatley the head, not the bum. I had a scan and it confirmed baby is breech. I quite disappointed TBH

Sorry you are disappointed hunny, try keep positive and focus on seeing your little one on Tuesday :hug: :hug:

At least you know you will have your LO tuesday i hate the not knowing!

Good luck for tuesday x

My first was breech and I ended up with a section. Like you, initially, I was told that the baby was head down and engaged :roll: Good job I was going for regular scans and they detected it in time.

Don't worry about the section - it's not bad at all.

Good luck for Tuesday :dance:

maisy was in breech position right up until the last week.......even worse, her legs were bent like a frog with her feet together and her knees wide apart :shock: :shock: :shock: Ouch!!
thank god she turned

I had a c section 6 days ago because Summer was breech and I can promise you the actual section doesn't hurt at all.
I didn't find it unpleasant and the spinal block works very well.
The only bit that hurts is afterwards when the spinal wears off especially when you first get out of bed the next day but other then that you have nothing to worry about it really isn't that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back