Wrigglebum is a very naughty lazy boy!

Mik

Reaction score
He is still breech :wall: :wall: he was cephalic from about 25 weeks to 32 then turned over the little monster! The midwives have now stopped saying "he has plenty of time to turn" and started talking about that ECV turning thingy I really cannot cope with 4 kids an awol husband (army) a dog and a c-section. Any turning tips ladies? I am so worried he won't budge :cry:

Well I had a bit of a breech scare the other day so Googled it well and proper! There is a ridiculous position you can do called the Breech Tilt where you raise your pelvis 12 cm higher than your head and hold it for 10 mins to let the baby move around. DO NOT ATTEMPT this without strong adults to help you and stop you from laughing too much! It was very hard to get into although we eventually did it on the sofa with my head on the bottom (without cushions) and my bot on three sofa cushions stacked up with pillows under me as a ramp. I couldn't stop laughing and it gave me one hell of a headache afterwards BUT my goodness that baby moved. My Dad was tracing it with the doppler and it moved right round. Really, it was like something from Alien! The next morning I had a scan and it was the right way up so I've no idea if it was the tilt or just that the mw had it wrong but...?

Google it for more info or have a look here for an example of an "inversion" which is a face down version

http://spinningbabies.blogspot.com/2007 ... rsion.html

Or for more info on getting babies to turn try here:-

http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.com/

Good luck hun

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Thanks for the hugs :hug: and thanks Rosebaby unfortunately I am the only adult around atm hubby is away until the 13th so I can try that then should amuse him :roll:

Ah- pants. Have you any mates near or would it be too embarrassing for words?

My mw also told me that acupuncture is supposed to be worth ago and they sometimes do something called moxibustion (think I've spelt that wrong!) where they burn something by your little toe..... :roll: Ok- sounds mad but might be worth looking into. Other suggestions I read involved shinning a light at the bottom of your bump and things like that which also seemed fairly crazy but might be worth a go

+++

Apparently spending time on all fours encourages baby to move round, they say spend lots of time cleaning floors etc, but i reckon just relaxing in this position has to help too.

A
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back