So confused

hopeitstrue

Reaction score
Hi all

I am so confused and wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I had my last proper period on 6th April, the night which I (hopefully) conceived was 16th April. I had a 2 day bleed around the 11th May which I thought was unusual but didn't think much of it. Anyway I went to the doctors on 18th May as I thought I had a water infection. He asked me to a pregnancy test before he prescribed me a particular antibiotic. I went and bought a HPT and to my joy it was positive! I worked out I must be around 6 weeks. I have been for my first midwife appointment today and on the way home, for no apparent reason, I bought another HPT and it came out negative!!! Now I am so confused, am i pregnant, am I not!
My fear is that I had an early miscarriage and still had the hormone in my system the week after which is why the test came out positive. I have not technically missed a period as I had the 2 day bleed in early May but Im tired and bloated and very emotional, I keep crying for no reason. I have also been having slight cramps, similar to period pains but no where near as bad and aching in my lower back. I have had no sickness or sore breasts so I dont know what is going on. COuld it be that I am pregnant and I should have done this text in the morning instead of this afternoon?
Please give me your thoughts, this is my first and myself and my partner were over the moon! Many Thanks

Hi hun dont panic just yet. Fmu is the best to use. wot test did you use as some are more sensitive then others. how long was it from the last time you went to the loo until you did your test as hcg could have been diluted. i would do a test with fmu if your worried. hope its good news for you hun xxxxx

Thanks for your reply, last time i tested positive it was about 11am, today I did the test about 2.30pm and i had been to the loo about an hour before so hopefully then it was diluted! The morning cannot come soon enough now. I used the same brand of test both times, this time I have bought a different one. Oh the waiting game is not good for the nerves, I will probably wont sleep much tonight!

you will be fine hun i bet its a big fat bfp. pregnancy hormones dont just disappear in a few hours since my mc its taken weeks for me to get back to normal. got my fx for you xxxxx

Well i did the test this morning and it came out negative, im starting to think i have imagined the whole thing. my midwife didn't test me again as they apparently take the hpt as a definite answer. i even took a photo of my positive test so now im thinking maybe i did have a m/c the week before and still had the hormones in my system when i took the test.
Although I have had no sickness or sore breasts, I have funny flutters and slight cramps and I cannot stop crying. The worst thing is I have now got all my midwife info, a dating scan date and a due date and if this turns out to be negative I dont know how I will feel.
Is it even possible to get a postive, then have 2 negatives if you are pregnant?

give your midwife a call hun or the EPU and they will know wot to do im so sorry things are confusing dont loose hope yet xxxx

Hope it's the silly tests Hun, fingers crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back