So annoyed!!!!

Rachey

Reaction score
Probably totally over-reacting and will read this later and think 'why did I even post that' lol

But anyways.. We told people today that babys a boy :D my Mum already knew because she came to gender scan with us and we were all chuffed to bits to see he was a little boy and that everything seems fine :) but when OH told his Mum today she said "Ohh, when am I going to get to buy this pink stuff?" (She already has grandsons) I just feel like I've let her down and that she's not that interested because he's a boy :(

Also when we went for the scan we invited my Mum and OH's Mum but she said she couldn't come because she was going to see her friend. That's her choice but I just felt like she couldn't really have been that interested or she would have been able to arrange another time to go see her friend..

Am I being really silly? :(

I wouldv'e been slightly annoyed. Don't feel like you have let her down at all. She should be happy for you that you're having a boy!! I don't think people think about what they say to pregnant women. It doesn't help that we are very hormonal. xx

No your not being silly Hun, she should be excited to hear all is well, and not care what it is

People really do annoy me, I have a feeling my mil is hoping ours will be a boy ( she doesn't seem keen on girls) and expect she will be funny if we turn out to be having a girl .... Ok I need to stop thinking about her before I get annoyed lol

Just ignore her Hun, your happy and that's all that matters

well my ohs mum said she think im going to choose a common name where as ohs brother didnt.. Y say that i just said i will choose whatever name i fucking want lol how common did i sound hahahahaha

I think ur MIL should have went to the scan if she was invited as for her reaction to it being a little boy u having id forget it and enjoy ur time telling ppl hun. x

I feel like this to when i find out what my baby is...like she will be gutted if its a boy. At the end of the day girl or boy there our babies, who cares what anyone else thinks :) x

She should be glad that all seems healthy! Nevermind the gender! So long as little one is ok what does it matter?

And we should be able to choose whatever name we want for our babies without family, friends and strangers being judgemental! I haven't told anyone apart from close family the name for our girl yet for one reason it is so pretty and unusual, I don't want it to be stolen and for the other reason I will react very badly to comments that I may see as criticism. I'm not particularly tolerant at the moment! Lol!

Xx

Hey, can understand your annoyance, I am sure she never meant anything by it chick... as long as he okay is all that matters xxxx

Its her loss hunny if she is going to be like than let her... Be happy with your pregnancy and new life growing inside you x

there our babies, who cares what anyone else thinks :) x

BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE SHAUNA!!!

If she's miffed she hasn't a grand daughter, then tough. You are having a beautiful baby. Maybe it was just a throw away comment on her part but us preglets don't like throw away comments when we're too hormonal to brush them off.

I do think it would have been nicer for her to have chosen the scan over her friend, but that was her choice and never mind - her loss, you who went enjoyed it :)

My oh seemed slightly less than impressed about ours being a girl but it turned out he was just sad because with his mum passing away a few months ago, she'll never meet her grand daughter. She knew her grand son. My stepson isn't that impressed its a girl but I couldn't give a stuff what he thinks, he says a lot of things and he's also a spoilt mega brat.

I've already got a daughter but am chuffed to pieces anyway - because its a baby!

Thanks girlies, your all so right, he's our baby and everything seems healthy with him, we are so lucky :) I'm going to need to forget what other people have to say and just enjoy it. I wish I could be one of those people that just thinks stuff everyone and doesn't let anything bother them haha :)

I was maybe a bit over annoyed yesterday, she probably didn't mean much by what she said. It's funny how protective we become over our babies and they're not even here yet! xxx

She should be glad that all seems healthy! Nevermind the gender! So long as little one is ok what does it matter?

And we should be able to choose whatever name we want for our babies without family, friends and strangers being judgemental! I haven't told anyone apart from close family the name for our girl yet for one reason it is so pretty and unusual, I don't want it to be stolen and for the other reason I will react very badly to comments that I may see as criticism. I'm not particularly tolerant at the moment! Lol!

Xx

You've got the right idea not telling anyone the name you have chosen, I bet it's beautiful :) everyone always seems to have comments about baby names. I mentioned a boys name I liked at work the other day and one of the girls I worked with said it sounds gay. Bitch :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back