small bleed

BevG

Reaction score
this afternoon while i was in college i had a bleed, bright red and a bit of a sudden gush it seems but not a lot iykwim? it seems to have stopped now and i came home early and skipped my last class, tummy feels a bit tender but isnt crampy so far. the bleeding stopped and wasnt for more than 30 mins but OMG how terrifying!
i called the mw and i have an app in the morning to listen to baby (i got my doppler out so i know there is a hb still) but im wondering why this has happened.
i think it could be a combination of things, the heat (we are having summer now in north wales, bloody sun as i was already too hot most of the time), too much coke as its hot and i forgot and had 3 bottles from the vending machines and 2 bottles of water today, and the fact that i work every day apart from today which is when i go to college. so i havent had a day off since last friday and wont hve one ever in the forseeable future unless i call in sick or have a holiday day apart from college holiday times.

also possibly that ive not eaten much recently. tuesday i had a kfc boneless box meal, large popcorn chicken, 2 pieces of celery and a carrot, weds i had a fruit pot, packet of crisps, apple and some mini doughnuts and today ive had a bacon and sausage butty and a pack of crisps and a wispa. i just dont feel hungry and most of the time i feel sick and even if i dont i just dont feel hungry. i think its got to the stage where my body has got used to not eating much and so its not hungry as often and hunger only seems to strike when im retching and queasy.
needless to say im staying calm but also scared lol, hard to describe how my mind works i guess. i know its probably nothing and due to one or more of the above things but theres also that irrational bit that says it could be something bad too. :shock::wall::faint::confused:
what do you guys think?

It's prob nothing serious hub but atleast ur getting checked out tomorrow and good j got the hb on Doppler x

it could be that you have a low lying placenta hon....my friend had a small bleed and thats what it was ...xx

Sounds like you could do with putting your feet up with all that work and college. Glad you are getting checked out though. Let us know how you are didling :)

Aww Bev that must have been scary glad you had the doppler to reassure you. I can't imagine working every day I used to do 6 day weeks at work and study as well and it nearly killed me when I wasn't pregnant, no way could I do it while pregnant.

will do, ive called in sick for work tommorow and i'll update how my app goes tomorrow too. i hope its nothing major and it dosent happen again. my tummy is in knots lol and i cant tell if its babs kicking or slight cramps (which ive had on and off anyway). babs was kicking away at the doppler tho and its hb is the same as usual so it dosent seem bothered at least lol. work said they couldnt temporarily reduce my hours and i cant manage sleep ins so my manager says the only way to fit in my 35 hrs a week is to work 6 days. i refuse to reduce my contracted hrs as it will affect my mat pay! and im only doing 1 and a half days of college but i desperately want to do it so i can have a better career in a few years time and be a nurse. i'll have to see what i can arrange about work tho as if this is gonna happen i will not be going to work so often lol

Last edited:
I hope everything goes ok tomorrow with your appointment bev :hugs: sounds like just one of those things, its reassuring yuo can use your doppler xxx

Oh hun. Sorry you had such a scare. I think it may just be one of those things sounds like you are not taking care of yourself very well. tut tut. Look after yourself honey. Fingers crossed for you. xxxxx

Oh Hunnie you must have got some fright all right, Hope all goes well tmrw, Great that you have the doppler to put your mind at ease a bit while you wait to see the mw,

Like the other girls said sounds like you need to try put ur feet up and just chill cant believe your working so much you must be pure exhausted ya poor thing

im constantly tired cos im not sleeping well either lol, not the type to complain i guess

I hope everything is ok with you and your LO! As Samsgirl mentioned, it could be a low lying placenta (placenta previa). I was told I have a low lying placenta at my 20 week ultrasound and the doc said it can cause bleeds. I have been told to take it easy and not do any lifting or any exercise more than going for a short walk. I would relax if I were you just in case that's what it is. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about for you though! Keep us updated!

aww you poor thing. really does sound like your exhausted i had a bleed at about 11 weeks the day after my dad had a cardiac arrest lasted 3 days.at least its stopped but good thing your getting it checked out and babys been kicking away at doppler. hope your appt goes well tomorrow xx

I had 3 or 4 big bleeds bright red gushes, and that was because I had a little clot on the side of the sack! They said it dissolves or bleeds away and babies were fine. It may be that! I wouldn't worry as u heard hb on Doppler but good luck for tommorow x

I'm sure everything ok but scary stuff, fx midwife appointment goes well x

aww thanks ppl, it went fine, she found the hb and checked my urine and said everything seems fine, probably just one of those things. im supposed to take it easy and if it happens again call back and shes sending my urine sample off to the lab just to make sure its fine. i really think i just need to chill and not work so much, im on my feet a lot in work and im feeling so sick that its hard not to retch constantly or force myself to eat.

So glad everything is ok bev :hugs: take it easy and put your feet up now :) xxx

i just had a 5 days off last week. its more that i dont get a single day off unless its a holiday day cos of college. work refused to temporarily lower my hours and i refuse to have my contract cut. have to see if i can reason with my manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back