sleeping through the night!!

Just to let you know that Kieran slept through from 6 weeks (think i might have already posted this), and Joshua has only just started sleeping through at the grand old age of 3 years and 9 months. We tried everything to get him to sleep through. At the end of the day you have to get your baby into some sort of routine that suits your lifestyle. I wouldnt get too stressed if your baby isnt sleeping through at 2 weeks+.

We are trying to get Liam into a routine. he has a bath round about 10 - 10.30 and then we feed him until he is full to the brim, wind him, and then put him down which he does at around 11.00. He then wakes for a feed at around 1 - 2. then around 4 then he wakes in the morning and stays awake for a couple of hours before dozing off. what wouldnt i give for 5 hours sleep. lol

Just to let you know that Kieran slept through from 6 weeks (think i might have already posted this), and Joshua has only just started sleeping through at the grand old age of 3 years and 9 months. We tried everything to get him to sleep through. At the end of the day you have to get your baby into some sort of routine that suits your lifestyle. I wouldnt get too stressed if your baby isnt sleeping through at 2 weeks+.

We are trying to get Liam into a routine. he has a bath round about 10 - 10.30 and then we feed him until he is full to the brim, wind him, and then put him down which he does at around 11.00. He then wakes for a feed at around 1 - 2. then around 4 then he wakes in the morning and stays awake for a couple of hours before dozing off. what wouldnt i give for 5 hours sleep. lol

there is no way I would wake a sleeping baby up in the middle of the night
UMM if you read my post correctly nowhere in there did i mention about waking a baby up.
i was just saying that if they continue to wake up then they are doing so for a good reason and need the night feeds.
If they sleep through already then i wouldn't worry as they must be getting sufficient during the day...

Some of you have the luck of the draw! :D

sorry didn't mean it to sound that way... hard to get your point across sometimes in text without sounding like right grumpy g@t :D

Davina,
Is it possible that he is going down too late then wanting fed at 1-2 regardless of how full he was then. Im thinking that if he went down earlier (say 8) then he would still wake at 1 but would have went through more stages of the sleep process and maybe when he goes back down after the 1 am feed might sleep for longer before he wants back up again.
Does that make sense?, it sounds better when im thinking it. Ive only got 1 though so its probably a lot harder with 3, I have this to look forward to.

Laura.

Oh, I knew you didnt mean it like that, thats would I like about this forum, you can have a good debate with people about things :D :D

Hi

The other night I was really shattered and was getting all the information I've been given jumbled up - basically Olivia slept for 4 hours during the night and when she started to stir I whipped her up and gave her a feed (after the midwife had said she needed feeding every 3 hours - but like I say I was confused in middle of night and not thinking properly!). When the HV came the next day I asked her how long is safe during the night (I was panicking that she'd get dehydrated!) and she told me that if the baby sleeps through of their own accord then great as they make it up for their feeding during the day (with the breastfeeding it might seem like constant feeds during the day). - Beanie perhaps this is what Seren does?

If Olivia sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time at night that makes me happy - it's the waking every half hour for more that makes me so knackered!

Lucy

Hey

Isaac has been sleeping through the night for a while now but he has been having a bit of a moan when I put him down. His feeds are at 8am. 12pm and 4pm then at 8pm he is taken upstairs and changed for bed and given his bottle in his bedroom. I wind him, turn off his light and put him in his cot and me and my boyfriend sit on his floor and have a brew and a chat while Isaac nods off! It has worked for the last 4 nights on the trot and Isaac has woken up laughing and smiling at 7:30am every morning!

Lou :)

Lucy said:
if the baby sleeps through of their own accord then great as they make it up for their feeding during the day (with the breastfeeding it might seem like constant feeds during the day). - Beanie perhaps this is what Seren does?

Lucy

I think you're right, she really stuffs her face during the day. She won't dream feed anymore, when I try to do so she pouts and clamps her mouth shut, then wakes me up at 4am as she is hungrey!!

Damien stuffed his face every 3 hours yesterday which is unlike him (normally he feeds 4 hourly), but he fed at 10pm, we went to bed and asleep by 11, then he didn't want another bottle till 6am! Was a nice welcome break. I don't expect him to sleep through anytime soon (would e nice for me but oh well) but 8 hours was fab! Went back to bed after too for a couple more hours :wink: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back