sleeping through the night!!

ashley22

Reaction score
Erin is still not sleeping through the night.

I put her down about 9pm every night after giving her a bottle and a mushed up rusk and she still wakes up crying about twice!

Its driving me crazy cause I'm shattered

Wjose babies are sleeping through and whose aren't and those of whose are have you any advice?????

Brody wakes every night at 4.30am on the dot...but he's only 10 weeks.

Lots of people here say Baby-dry nappies really help...have you tried them?

i put hannah down between 6/7 and she sometimes wakes for a bottle between 2/3 take 5 min to feed her and she goes back down until between 7/8 i found a routine of bath bottle and bed helped but i know it's not the same for everyone

Hi, Ewan is 6 months this week and still does not sleep through.
I have tried breast feeding him last thing or giving him a big bottle it didn't work. i tried a dream feed that didn't work, even now he is on 3 solid feeds a day he still will wake once or twice.
he generall goes to bed at 7.30 and he will have another feed around 10.30 when we go to bed and he will wake between 2 and 4am am i will feed him, then he will wake around 7.
he has slept through ocassionally... probably could count the times on both hands!

Hey hun, Ella is sleeping through,she used to wake at around 4am, then at 4weeks she was sleeping to 5/6 am and now she sleeps to 7am and is 6weeks old.

I cant really give you any advise as she just did this of her own accord we didnt do anything different. She has a bottle at 7.00 and I change her into her sleepsuit then she is usually awake then til her next feed at 11, then when I put her down in her moses basket she is still awake but goes to sleep when the lights are out. Next thing I know tis 7am and she has slept through, I guess im just lucky

hiya hun i think ethan and erin are about the same age?

he sleeps most nights from around 9 ish till 6am then has a bottle and goes bk to sleep till around 8.30 but he doesnt do it every night mind u he is teething really badly at the mo bless him
and he is on solids aswell

dont know if this is any use, but I had a friend that was having problems getting her little boy to sleep through the night, and one of her friends advised her to swap the night feed bottle of formula for a drink of water instead as baby may just be being used to be fed and isnt really hungry. I took two nights of this and her son then slept through without any further problems.

braydon is nearly 5 months and has me up sometimes 3 times a nite sometime twice and sometimes only once it is starting to get really hard now especially as wen he was new born he slept thro

hi

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but even though kieran slept through from 6 weeks. we didnt do anything different with joshua and he has just started sleeping through at the grand old age of 3 years and 9 months. for the last year and a half he got up every night and got into our bed. we have tried every thing, even given him water as a middle of night feed, but nothing worked.

have you thought about giving Erin a dummy and then just giving her that instead of a feed. at the end of the day you know that she isnt hungry during the night it must just be for the comfort of being held by you. i must admit that kieran used to suck his thumb so that might have been a comfort for him.

DON'T start with the dummy at night thing if you can help it! Damien has a dummy but if it falls out his mouth he screams - it's driving me bloody loopy. Don't know if it's because he can't suck it properly or he is spitting it out for attention, but it's driving me mad! He constantly wants me to put it back in his mouth for him. :roll:

Dom kinda sleeps through on and off.

Down at 7pm after bath & feed

If he wakes in the night it's about 6am for boobie then straight back to bed before he wants action, he then talks in his cot and nodds off again

7.30am up for the day

It's really a hard one some babies can go through and some find it hard I know that Dom is more than capable of going through so sometimes when he does wake up and grump I wonder if he really does need feeding or attention.

How long does she feed for? What time is she up in the morning?

x

Rubie usually has a feed at 9:30 and will sleep til 4am, then she grizzles til I get up with her. If I feed her before 9:30 she will wake at 1am too. I'm shattered. I thought at 8 weeks she would be sleeping through :shock:

The last couple of days we have been getting Seren ready for bed at half six but she will not go to bed before 9.30pm, she is awake at the moment in her crib so am expecting her to cry soon. Last night she went to sleep at about 10pm, I fed her at 12 when I went to bed and she woke again at 5.30am. She then came into bed with me and we slept on and off til 10.30am as I was not feeling too great. Was pretty chuffed with this but would like her to settle earlier as she is currently awake most of the day and the evening is the only time I have to tidy up everything etc. I was hoping that she would sleep through by now and thought at 8 weeks she would be doing so. Want to have some sleep!!!

Liam has a bath between 9.30 - 10, he then has a feed. both breasts and bottle. he wakes at anything between 12.30 and 3.00, has both breasts and a bottle again (2 ounces each time). then goes through until anything between 4.30 - 7.30. He doesnt seem to be in much of a routine yet. we keep doing the same thing each night in the hope that he will get into a routine.

it's really hard to get sleep during the day as we still have joshua and he keeps us on our toes. plus mostly Liam just cat naps during the day. wouldnt mind him cat napping if he slept through at night. what wouldnt i give for 7 hours of continuous sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well danielle slept through from about 5 weeks old, she went to bed at 7 and woke at about 7.

when she reached about 4 months old she started waking, i tried the water feed, dream feed, pick up put down, controlled crying, then gave up!!! became too tiring. tried all methods for about a week.

at nearly 9 months she sleeps from 7pm til about 4am then she has a feed and back to sleep til about 7.30am.

its driving me crazy cos i know she doesn`t need a night feed, but what can i do? if i don`t give her it she screams and wakes up properly.

she does sleep through about once every 2 weeks, so i know she can do it!

she sleeps in her cot, in her own room.

she is fully weaned now, 3 meals plus lots of finger food.

its really taking its toll on me now.
sorry for the long post ladies, any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Erin has a dummy and I do try to give her that in the middle of the night and I have also tried water but she just screams the place down!

I dont think she needs the food cause she only takes about two ounces but she does get up about three times in the night and take two each time.

I put her to her bed at nine every nite and she goes down awake and falls asleep by herself - I just wish she could do it in the nite! :(

hi, this is not intended to offend any one - but since having a baby this sort of thing has become a real 'bug bear' to me! the whole sleeping through thing... there seems to be such a rush to get babies sleeping through even though they are only afew weeks old. i know the getting up in the night is tough, i know ewan use to get up 3x a night which i think wasn't too bad he now wakes once. and i know he is more than capable of sleeping through.
But when they are young they need the night feeds - if you are breast feeding then the night feeds are an important way of keeping the milk flowing - apparently different hormones are released at night.

I spoke to a breast feeding councillor and did various searches on the web when ewan was a few weeks old as i wanted him like every one else does to sleep through.

I asked when should i expect that he starts sleeping through and i was told that realistically babies should not be expected to sleep though before 15weeks as the night feeds r important for thier development, and if they wake they will wake for a reason - not jusst to annoy you.
I can't find the website at the mo that gave alot of information about night feeds.
But i resigned my self to getting up in the night, after all their metabolism is twice as fast as ours, and sleeping through is appartently a maximum of 5 hours.

(no offence intended - just my little rant... :? )

I read about this today on the kellymom website. It has got me worried now though as Seren is sleeping through now, she sleeps at half ten and doesn't wake till seven - half seven. I was giving her a dream feed but dropped this to let her wake up when she was hungrey but shge doesn't wake for ages. Should I reintroduce the dream feed or just let her tell me when she is hungry? I demand feed her during the day and she can feed for quite a while, and I am now expressing at midnight, when her dream feed was to keep my milk going. She is 8 weeks old.

hypnorm, no offence taken but there is no way I would wake a sleeping baby up in the middle of the night to feed her :D The dream feed yes, I did that but if she was due to sleep till 7 I would leave well alone in the small hours.. I dont think babies wake up just to annoy us though they are clever wee buggers.

Beanie, keep doing what you are doing.

Asgley, have you tried putting your previous night pj's in her cot. Your scent might be enough to send her back to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back