• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What does "sleeping through the night" mean to you?

Great :)

Sleeping through to me is once you get more than 5-6 hours in between so 12/1 - 6/7 was always my ideal :)

Can I just ask (getting back to the question on sleeping through the night ) . Aoibheann has been waking almost every night sobbing and screaming . Shes 19 months I always pop in cuddle her and settle her back down , this somethimes involves me sitting with her until she sleeps and Im shattered as Lily has a feed at 5 or 6 every morning . Can anyone suggest what might be causing this and how to solve it ?

Paige is 14 months and doing this as well :( Im lucky that I only have one child to look after in this instance. I can't really offer much advice though sorry. I do the same as you, I go in and cuddle her and put her back down to sleep. Could it be a night terror? I heard they can get these but haven't done much research into it. They can get seperation anxiety at random points as well and maybe with another LO in the house she's really feeling it? Hopefully it will pass and you get get back to sleeping a bit more :hug:

Does sound like night terrors but don't know what to suggest. Has she got a night light so it's not completely dark in her room?

Can I just ask (getting back to the question on sleeping through the night ) . Aoibheann has been waking almost every night sobbing and screaming . Shes 19 months I always pop in cuddle her and settle her back down , this somethimes involves me sitting with her until she sleeps and Im shattered as Lily has a feed at 5 or 6 every morning . Can anyone suggest what might be causing this and how to solve it ?

does she do this at the same time every night?

my friends little girl has night terrors and they always happen at the same time, shes had a lot of sucess by dreamfeeding the girl about half an hour before her usual terror and the closeness and the being slightly brought out of sleep and then falling back into it seems to really, really help. Night terrors are something to do with a particular point of sleep and so if you can sort of 'jog' the mind just before that point you can sometimes avoid them x

also if its very early in the morning (just before dawn) it may be a drop in temperature in the room that is scaring her - which can be solved with carefully timed heating x

What's with all the quoting from nhs websites? I haven't read through but girls can you remember the forum isn't about proving facts and figures; you've gotgoogle for that! Keep it to opinion and quit you 2 trying to prove who is right/wrong :) we all have opinions; we're all hormonal women :faint:

I have no problem with people quoting from any website, its assuming that any one point of view is infalliable which i find quite hard to stomach (especially when presented with many studies to the contrary that they refuse to read)

anyway, people can do what they want but i am never going to stop advocating safe and supported co-sleeping because it is very safe for adults and children (hence there being no such thing as infant death syndrome in Japan :) )

But it is very much each to there own, as is formula/breast feeding and dummies/no dummies etc :)

definitely each to their own i am not disagreeing with that at all :) I have no wish to force anyones POV i would just rather discuss elements of the POV rather than the other persons right to have one - if you know what i mean ;)

does she do this at the same time every night?

my friends little girl has night terrors and they always happen at the same time, shes had a lot of sucess by dreamfeeding the girl about half an hour before her usual terror and the closeness and the being slightly brought out of sleep and then falling back into it seems to really, really help. Night terrors are something to do with a particular point of sleep and so if you can sort of 'jog' the mind just before that point you can sometimes avoid them x

also if its very early in the morning (just before dawn) it may be a drop in temperature in the room that is scaring her - which can be solved with carefully timed heating x
To be honest I dont think dreamfeeding would work for us at this age as she doesnt have a bottle or anything like that any more she just drinks cups of milk . But if she wakes upset I hold her close and cuddle her until she is calm . I've tried a few things tonight .I have her nightlight on (we never used one until now ) and have set the heating to come on for a little while at 4 when its getting colder . It coluld well be brought on by having a new little sister as Augustmum mentioned . All O can do is reassure her and hope it passes before I turn into a zombie :roll:

Hugs, i think Sammi still does wake her daughter up though (her daughter is now 3) when she is going through a spate of night terrors, its more about bringing them out of deep sleep at the right time and letting her slip back into it, mind you, she does it at 11pm usually and then her night terror can last about 2 hours - unable to wake, screaming, fitting, attacking people... so it makes sense to try and stop it from happening rather than dealing with it when it does... i dont know how that would fit with 4am, you would have to wake yourself up and then try and half wake her up, by moving her or undressing her gently and then try and get her to fall back into deep sleep having 'jogged' the mind into not having that lucid sleep where nightmares are...

Obviously what Sammi has had to deal with is a bit more full on that just a nightmare though, and much earlier in the ngith (which would be easier)

best of luck, hopefully the heating will help :) Jasper gets nightmares very occassionally too but when he does he may have 2 or 3 in a night and it is very frightening and tiring!

hugs xx

I tried Owen 7pm to 7am and he did it :) he was having a bottle at 6 and then falling asleep at 7-9 when I'd wake him for his bath and bottle which seemed stupid :/ so bathed and fed him at 7 instead of his usual feed at 6 and put him to sleep and he managed moat of the night. A few little stirs but fell back asleep straight away :) def going to keep doing this. Only thing I'm worries about is that means he's only having 4 bottles a day instead of 5 . Should I increase them from 6 oz to 7 oz to make up? X

Is he looking for more food hun ? Id offfer him the bigger bottles but dont force him to take it all if hes not interested x

Lanna slept through the night from a few weeks old. She would fall asleep at 11pm, wake up at 7am. It was 8 hours full sleep, as much as adults are recomended to get, so i called it sleeping through the night.

Well o is managing 7 - 6.30 with a few wake ups but then he back to sleep straight away no bottle. He is now on 7 oz for his normal feeds and 8 oz before he sleeps. He is only having 4 feeds tho every 4 hours so I hope he is ok!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back