size of bump/delivery

Kimbo

Reaction score
does anyone think that the size of your baby/bump makes a difference to when you'll go into labour?
do bigger babies come sooner? :think:
its just my bump is huge and im only almost 30 weeks, and i have this really strong feeling that baby's going to come early.
is there any connection in this or does it not make a difference?

I was quite big towards the end and my midwife said i'd be lucky to make it to 39weeks but i went 8days overdue :roll:

Nope! I was massive and i wewnt four days over. Budge's little girl was a really good weight and she was late too!

Not with me i didn't. My smallest baby was 1 week early and the other 2 who were 8lb 11oz and 9lb 5oz were late.

my bump was huge, like 42 inches and im only a size 8, but it was mostly water i think as millie was only 7 pounds 7 ounces. she arrived on her due date tho and as she wasnt particularly big or tiny, maybe theres some thruth in ur theory!
i thought smaller babies came earlier tho :think:

I remember when I was pg that you should roughly measure the same as the amount of weeks you are. Inches or cm's? whatever they measure you in give or take 1-2 either way.

My bump stopped growing towards the end and I told them I wasnt getting any bigger but they didnt seem concerned. Isaac was 10 days late but still weighed under 7lb's.

My memory is rubbish sorry.

here you are lisa

:oops: :oops: :oops: @ the stretch marks!!!! :oops:

29.jpg

You still look really high to me. The bump drops before baby makes an appearence!

even thought im fatter than you kim.. my bumps bigger than yours.. and its only gonna get bigger...seriously..sorry lol.. i think its just a matter of when your body and the baby are ready it will come..

eeee lou uve put my mind at ease lol

and lisa... so it doesnt look like its gonna come early! lol

*SHE's* gonna come early even, not IT lol

Kimbo said:

Good :hug:

I'm soooo jealous of your bump. I loved being pregnant and feeling Isaac moving and being all warm and cozy indoors and taking half and hour to get upstairs for a wee. I want another bump!!!!

lou said:
Kimbo said:

Good :hug:

I'm soooo jealous of your bump. I loved being pregnant and feeling Isaac moving and being all warm and cozy indoors and taking half and hour to get upstairs for a wee. I want another bump!!!!

:lol: i'm not that bad YET.. i'd say 15 minutes for me haha

my prediction is.. she will coem when both of you a re ready lol.. either way.. she will be in your arms by mid feb lol..

Kimbo said:
does anyone think that the size of your baby/bump makes a difference to when you'll go into labour?
do bigger babies come sooner? :think:
its just my bump is huge and im only almost 30 weeks, and i have this really strong feeling that baby's going to come early.
is there any connection in this or does it not make a difference?

Tia was a massive baby... 8lb 9 and 57cm. She didn't come early, but my labour was dead quick considering it was my first..

My bumps are never big as I don't carry much fluid, just baby... but that's probably why I feel the babies kick so soon.

This baby is apparently big and long too.. but the only reason why mw thinks she might come early is because the bump has dropped and her head is already in my pelvis.. her shoulders sit just on my pelvic bone (rather uncomfortable I can assure you).. :roll:

I don't hold out any hope that she may come early though... Plus I want to get past xmas, so that DD gets at least one last xmas with us alone. So I'm keeping my legs crossed (also I can't be arsed buying xmas presents for two kids this year... :rotfl: Just joking)

I had both times massive bumps, and both times had massive babies, and both times I was stupidly overdue:

pregnancy number 1:

this pic was taken at 41 weeks:
41s.jpg

the baby inside the above bump had to be induced at 42 weeks, and didn't make an appearance until 42 weeks + 4 days

She was 10lbs 10oz at birth.

pregnancy number 2:

this pic was taken at 40 weeks + 5 days:
0011.jpg

the baby inside the above bump had to be induced at 42 weeks, and didn't make an appearance until 42 weeks + 1 day.

He was 10lbs 1oz at birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back