Pre labour question about bump!

Jaidy

Reaction score
As most of you know its my due date today.

However, many people have commented that my bump is still 'too high' for baby to come anytime soon as its not gone low enough.

How true is this??

Any one go into labour with a 'high' bump??

i alwys thought my bump was high and i was 8days over dur when i had keeley... :D

My bump never really dropped and Thea was only four days over due.

I felt like my bump was smacking my knee's everytime I walked and I was 9 days over!
He really dropped!! :roll:

I was high with both my girls so i don't think it really matters xx :wink:

Absolutely - my bump never 'dropped' until very late in labour - in fact I was measured for my maternity bra a couple of days before and they even commented in Mothercare how high my bump was - they had to factor it in as my back size would have been a lot smaller with a lower bump! At my last appointment Maddie was still only 3/5 engaged. AND she was nearly a week early.

They are talking rubbish - it means nothing I assure you. Sending lots of labour vibes your way :hug:

LBxx

Thanks ladies...

This has reassured me, I was concerned cos so many people say they drop and are all down low and im nothing like it, well I dont think.

Also ive been told im having a boy, but all you 'high' bumped ladies seem to have had girls! :shock:

I had a high bump until about 2 days before i went into labour, it only really dropped when i was in labour and i had a boy xkelx

thats wives tales a bump might not drop untill labour it can drop any time, my bump dropped right down 4 weeks or so before i gave birth but some peoples dont really drop at all :)

Mine really dropped the night before I went into labour :D

Also ive been told im having a boy, but all you 'high' bumped ladies seem to have had girls!

my bump is high and mines a boy ...sending you labour vibes..hope he makes an appearnace soon

I did a bit of reading as I was worried about my bump "dropping" (I think it's more likely baby has changed position lol), and although its more common with first births, its actually not necessary at all. Its more common for second babies to engage just before birth (and hence the drop) than first babies which more often engage a few weeks beforehand. So it just sounds like your body know's what it's doing :dance: Baby will drop when it needs to, and ignore the old wives tales!

JaidyBaby said:
Also ive been told im having a boy, but all you 'high' bumped ladies seem to have had girls! :shock:

contrary to belief, the shape of your bump does not determine the sex of your baby, though plenty of people seem to think it does, its down to how good your muscles are, what your build is, and how your baby is lying in the womb

:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back