Bump Size?

gingerpig

Reaction score
I'm 7 months (this is my first) and I'm tiny! The MW hasn't said anything so I assume it's ok, but it's very bizarre. I've got quite huge boobies which have increased in size and are leaking, plus a nice array of heartburn, breathlessness(I have asthma anyway) and back ache (in the last few days) so I reckon is growing as my bump is getting bigger, but it's all very odd :? Also maternity clothes seem to be such weird sizes.... I've got an under the bump skirt from mothercare which is a size 14 which just falls off me, another which is 16, which fits much better and a new coat from vertbaudet which is a size 16 and is too small across the shoulders.... My bump measures at 29 6+ - but the MW got my dates wrong as I was actually 30 weeks when she measured me, and I wasn't really following what she meant when she asked is I was 29 6+ ....

Sorry for the excessively long whinge... But if anyone can tell me what fundal measurements mean (I read somewhere they are quite unreliable after 22 weeks), and also any stories of small bumps and what size baby came out I'd be really grateful (and a bit relieved). My OH is 6 ft 3 so I really didn;t think small bumps were an option... I've also put on about 2 stone, and I really dont know where it's gone as I can still get into pre-pregnancy size tops and my behind is not taking over the world :shock:

i though ti was huge second time round but to everyone i met they said i had a very small neat bump (it seemd huge to me as my first pregnancy i went froma size 6 to an 8 then when my waters broke at 26 weeks my bump wentaway but Adele was still their for 3 weeks :? )
when preggers with Colby iwent from a size 6 to a size 10 then after i had her i wentback to a size 8, still coverd in stretch marks though :lol:

I measured 2cm under every week but they said i didnt have alot of fluid around baby so i finally got a detailed scan andeveryting was ok and the date was comfirmed aswell

So when colby was born she was 6lbs 8oz

im sure everthing is fine

good luck hun
xxxxxx

Thanks petal,:hug: I'm sure it is nothing, it's more that I'm wondering where baby is hiding lol. Today I've got quite a tight t-shirt on and baby is more pronounced, I can also feel that baby is moving lower down and further up so those little limbs are definitely growing lol. *sigh* so many things to worry about unnecessarily :oops:

its not long to go now hun and it willall be worth the wait and worry
xxxxxxxx

Awwwwwwwwwww thank you! :hug: It isn't long to go, I shrieked the other day when I saw my ticker was on second to last picture... Ooooo we went up to Linlithgow on holiday this summer as my OH spent a lot of his childhood there (although he was born in St Helen's). Is that anywhere near you?

never heard of it hun :oops: :rotfl:
i live near glasgow well its the closest place i can think of that you might know
but im closer to a village called Lanark (or new lanark herritage village, its like a tourist place. I love going thier)

xxxxx

I know New Lanark because we went there last time we were up in Linlithgow, ummmm a couple of years back. We loved it too - especially the old fashioned sweetie shop lol. The lady there gave us free sweets as she said they were too battered to pay for them - fine by me :) Linlithgow is half-way between Glasgow and Edinburgh, just off junction 3 on the M9 - so it's North East of you I think.....

I've never once had mu bump measured, all it says on my notes at the clinical uterine size is d?? :think:

I have no idea what that means! But to be fair, the more I've read about fundal height, the more it seems to be a guestimate anyway - some sources said that palpating the abdomen, ie feeling the baby was as reliable a way as checking baby was growing ok. So I guess it's once again different MW's doing different things - and of course also the fundal height reduces after 36 weeks anyway as the baby starts to engage. It all seems a little hit and miss to me, but that's fine lol.

Ach who knows, i'll be finding out exactly what size LO is when i'm pushing them out soon! :shock: :lol:

Well my due date is soon, who knows when the little blighter will actually arrive!!

Think my bump has dropped a bit, i'll post pics and see what you lot think! Probably all just wishful thinking on my part though!

gingerpig said:
I know New Lanark because we went there last time we were up in Linlithgow, ummmm a couple of years back. We loved it too - especially the old fashioned sweetie shop lol. The lady there gave us free sweets as she said they were too battered to pay for them - fine by me :) Linlithgow is half-way between Glasgow and Edinburgh, just off junction 3 on the M9 - so it's North East of you I think.....
i live 10 minutes from new Lanark :cheer: :cheer:
havent been though for a few years but last time i went i was preggers with Adele and we went on the Anni McCloud experience rather cool :lol:

Vicki..one week and 5 days for you!!

Thats gonna be me soon as well :shock:

I know Jade! It's mad how quick it;s going in when i was moaning a few weeks back that time was dragging in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back