Signed off work with colic like cramps

GGG

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post, I am 6 weeks 2 days along and for the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing agonising bowel pains/cramps which are only relieved when I can go to the loo for a no. 2! I stopped taking pregnacare as the iron was contributing to my IBS like symtoms and turned my poop black!

I have posted and posted on other forums and there doesnt seem to be anyone else that has the same thing. It started off with a bit of diarrohea but it all comes out as normal as can be expected now. On a good day I won't have these cramps until the early hours of the morning and then I'm doubled over in agony for 10-30 mins on the loo, I think because during the day I'm bloated and not emptying my bowels until the night time. (I was prescribed Lactulose but that made thigs soo much worse I was cramping up with diarrohea after everything I ate)!

I am v anxious about going back to work on Monday as it will be hell to go through this at work as after one of these episodes I feel totally wiped out and exhausted and just need to lie down with the fan on me.

Has anyone else this to this extent and if it stopped how long did it take?

I called a midwife who told me not to eat weetabix as the fibre is expanding in my intestines and causing pain, I eat as healthy as possible and drink alot of water, I just dont know what to do, I expected morning sickness but not this!

Any advice would be great I just dont know what else I can do!:wall2:

Thanks for reading if youve made it to the end x

I haven't had this problem but could it be down to the IBS? I know that causes your bowels to slow down, could it speed it up too??
Hope you get some answers and sorry I'm not much help x x

Thanks for your reply! I have been researching and it does look like IBS but I'm not sure what I can take, does anyone know if taking Peppermint capsules is safe during pregnancy? I feel awful about taking paracetamol but I'm in so much pain I don't know what else to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back