Been Signed off work :/

ChloeNat

Reaction score
Had to go to doctors this morning as Morning Sickness has hit an all time high. Can't stop vomitting and feel absolutely awful all day every day. Attempted going back into work yesterday after 2 weeks off and got a migraine by lunch time and was running to the bathroom to be sick every few mins, definitely feel better when I'm at home.

Doctor didn't want to give me anything for the sickness as he said he doesn't like to as theres some research its harmful to baby? So he gave me some stuff to drink every day to keep me from being dehydrated and took my bloods to do every test under the sun as 3 vials were taken, went really woosy.

Anyway, he has signed me off work for a month as he said I'm not fit to work and put the condition Hyperemesis gravidarum as a reason on the sick note. Now I knew I was sick but I didn't think it was that bad.

Get my bloods back on Monday so will see whats up. If it gets worse I have to go back and then get something for it. If still bad after that and can't keep anything down may be a drip :(.

I'm just all propped up on the sofa as he said laying down flat doesn't help and have nothing to do. I'm going to be so bored! Hopefully work don't get too annoyed - I'm only a placement student and they've been very nice about the whole thing up to now.

I had ginger tablets which worked at first now they just make me feel worse and travel bands don't help. Eating dry crackers makes me gag and even thinking about cooking anything for dinner involves a run to the bathroom. Doesn't help I have a cat moaning at me every five minutes to either be fed or to lay on my belly :sick:

Roll on end of first trimester!!

poor you it's sounds awful, may be the rest from not having go to work will help , I do hope you feel better soon I've never had morning sickness like you are experiancing guess I would have defo stopped at one if I had, sorry you feel so awful , xxhugs xx

Oh no poor you....sounds awful!
How far gone are you?

XxX

Oh no poor you....sounds awful!
How far gone are you?

XxX

It really is :( 9 weeks today. Counting down the days until Tri 1 is over and hopefully this eases off a bit xx

poor you it's sounds awful, may be the rest from not having go to work will help , I do hope you feel better soon I've never had morning sickness like you are experiancing guess I would have defo stopped at one if I had, sorry you feel so awful , xxhugs xx

Thanks, I'm hoping resting a bit will help. I'm very determined I don't think this is going to stop me wanting another lol.

Oh dear hun xxx Big hugs to you and i hope you're feeling better soon xxxxx

That sounds awful! Really hope you're feeling better soon, you should get some dvds and books in to keep yourself amused and positive.
At least you have the forum full of people to keep you amused all day, people are always about :)
Take care and I really do hope you're feeling better very soon
xx

Ah Hun there is nothing worse, I was signed of in my last pregnancy with hypermis gravidum from weeks 6-12, then one day I just woke up and felt fine lol. I survived on salt and vinegar mcoys lol. This time I feel nausea and tired but no way as bad as last time thank god, and am 8 weeks today. It does get better hun x

That sounds awful! Really hope you're feeling better soon, you should get some dvds and books in to keep yourself amused and positive.
At least you have the forum full of people to keep you amused all day, people are always about :)
Take care and I really do hope you're feeling better very soon
xx

Thank you, I bought some new lovely baby pink wool yesterday as my niece is turning 1 so making her a few hair bows. Should keep me busy enough. The forum really is a godsend, OH says I am constantly on already! lol. xx

Ah Hun there is nothing worse, I was signed of in my last pregnancy with hypermis gravidum from weeks 6-12, then one day I just woke up and felt fine lol. I survived on salt and vinegar mcoys lol. This time I feel nausea and tired but no way as bad as last time thank god, and am 8 weeks today. It does get better hun x

Thanks hun, Yeah salt and Vinegar McCoys are a god send! lol Well any type of crisps as long as they are salt and vinegar make me feel so much better. Went through 3 packs at work yesterday! lol Will have to buy some. xx

*hugs*
My heart really does go out to u hun! The only thing I can suggest is to keep ur fluids up. Keep sipping water, otherwise ull get dehydrated, and that only makes the sickness worse! It was not keeping my fluids up that landed me in hospital on a drip.

None of the remedies worked for me either, crackers, ginger, sickness bands - they were all a joke! It was truly awful! But once I came out of hospital after having my fluids built up, I felt loads better, and even though I was still being sick, it wasn't as much.

So, to reiterate, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

*hugs*
My heart really does go out to u hun! The only thing I can suggest is to keep ur fluids up. Keep sipping water, otherwise ull get dehydrated, and that only makes the sickness worse! It was not keeping my fluids up that landed me in hospital on a drip.

None of the remedies worked for me either, crackers, ginger, sickness bands - they were all a joke! It was truly awful! But once I came out of hospital after having my fluids built up, I felt loads better, and even though I was still being sick, it wasn't as much.

So, to reiterate, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Doctor gave me some rice packet stuff I have to drink to keep my fluids up, water just makes me really really sick :( I'm hoping it eases off very soon, maybe the packets will do me some good. xx

Snap! I'm 9 weeks today and am on my second type of anti sickness drug. Nothing seems to work so far :( luckily I'm off uni for a week or so but dreading going back. I totally know how u feel x

That sounds awful, poor you!! At least your doctor has been kind to you. Hope you feel better soon x

Hope you start to feel better soon xx

So sorry you've been having such an awful time honey :( Just wondering if you might think about trying acupuncture? I've been having some last Friday and yesterday with my GP and I don't know if it's coincidence, but I've definitely noticed an improvement and today I felt the best I've felt in ages.... Might be worth a try if you can find some... xxx

So sorry you've been having such an awful time honey :( Just wondering if you might think about trying acupuncture? I've been having some last Friday and yesterday with my GP and I don't know if it's coincidence, but I've definitely noticed an improvement and today I felt the best I've felt in ages.... Might be worth a try if you can find some... xxx

Eek Needles! Not the biggest fan but I will see if theres anywhere I can give it a go. Glad your feeling better! xx

Big hug hon, I was off for 5 weeks due to pregnancy symptoms (weeks 6 - 11), went back last week and then been off again this week vomiting again. Its very frustrating when nothing seems to work so the best advice I can give is drink as much as you can, eat whatever you get a taste for and be kind to yourself. Craft hobbies, catching up on TV series, reading a few books and coming on here ALOT is what got me through.
Hope you feel better soon!XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back