Should I buy a tummy tub??

purpleisa

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right place - I'm visiting from 2nd tri and wondered if any of you had one of these tummy tub things (bucket shaped baby bath)?

I was going to try and salvage the ordinary style baby bath which I had last time for DD(now age 4) but it was too heavy for me to lift when full esp when I was recovering for my section so it always took me and DH to bath baby. Also it had got a bit skanky in the loft and I sat it out the back door to give it a good scrub out to see if it came good but DD and her wee pal have filled it up with mud grrr (I wondered why they were so quiet LOL)

Anyway I fancied one of these the last time round but someone got me the ordinary bath so I didn't buy it?

There seem to be a few options now Tummy Tub/Shantala - so any recommendations would be good - also any warnings so steer clear - they do seem a bit "gimmicky"??

Thanks

I looked at those but decided against, not sure why really maybe because I liked my LOs splashing their feet in the water. I used the baby bath in our own bath ....what about the old fashion kitchen sink idea for those earlier days you may be finding movements a bit of a task whist you recover?

x

Yes I had thought of using the sink and big bath - probably more practical for me. Thanks Lx

I am not sure if I really like the idea of them, but can not comment as i have never tried one.

I had one for my son and he LOVED it. one of the best items I bought, cant rave about it enough! he didnt stop using it until 7 months he loved it so much

I've got one and at first i hated it when she was newborn, but now she's a bit bigger it's good. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back