Anyone thinking of buying a 'Tummy Tub'?

I've not used one but I remember seeing them after I had my daughter (I already had a bath support by then). I think they look like a great idea!

Are you thinking of getting one?

Well I am definately toying with the idea.... my friend couldn't sing it's praises enough last night and said her twin boys loved it.... apparently it takes a little getting used to initially but it is less fiddly than a normal baby bath....

I think I am scared about using a normal baby bath!! How do you find your bath support?? xx

Last edited:
I had a baby bath initially but I found it all a bit fiddly holding her, reaching for a sponge etc. I bought one of these in the end... http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

I used it in our bath, she balanced on it perfectly and I found it left my hands free to wash her hair etc.

I do quite fancy a bath bucket this time though. I've read that babies love them because it's like being in the womb. Babies always look happy in them in the pictures anyway!! xx

Lol they look like a toy tub. Think i shall stick to the baby bath or just a support x

I was looking at these, I think I am paranoid I wouldn't be able to support him enough :)

And OH picked out a bath set that he liked at Mothercare and after the not connected thing I felt we should go with that :)

Ha ha, that little baby looks like they are having a great time in that. How do you manage to wash all of them in there?
I love the idea that feel like being in the womb again, must be very comforting for them xx

Yes it recreates all over warmth like in the womb and helps ease wind?! Apparently you 'soak' LO For a little while then use a sponge to rub baby down to clean fully.... I think I am getting more and more inclined, the reviews are amazing both on Mothercares website and John Lewis' website xx

Oh I ordered mine last week cant wait to try it out still got a bit to wait tho the reviews on it are glowing! Although have to say alot of the older woman in my family don't seem too keen on it but think thats just old age :roll:.

Oh I ordered mine last week cant wait to try it out still got a bit to wait tho the reviews on it are glowing! Although have to say alot of the older woman in my family don't seem too keen on it but think thats just old age :roll:.

I don't think I have ever seen that many positive reviews about a single product!!

To be fair I think my MIL and SIL would have a fit if they knew I was going to use one!! My mum would probably be dubious but a little more open to trying.

xx

I don't think I have ever seen that many positive reviews about a single product!!

To be fair I think my MIL and SIL would have a fit if they knew I was going to use one!! My mum would probably be dubious but a little more open to trying.

xx

I know that was what swayed me into buying it.

Yeah my MIL has refused to use it although i think once baby is here she will most likely change her mind although her attitude about it kinda stinks and that angers me but as I said I put that down to her old age lol x

xx

I know that was what swayed me into buying it.

Yeah my MIL has refused to use it although i think once baby is here she will most likely change her mind although her attitude about it kinda stinks and that angers me but as I said I put that down to her old age lol x

Well fingers crossed our MIL's will see how much our babies enjoy them and stop being so opionated!! x

Last edited:
KarateKid, I think I am now sold on getting one of these, thank you as I'd have never have known about it otherwise. I was looking on youtube last night and found this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kt_s5ddZBg its in dutch, but look at the newborn go to sleep in a matter of moments once being submersed in the tummy tub! He goes from crying to calm in a few seconds of being dunked in.

Think I'll be purchasing one of these xx

KarateKid, I think I am now sold on getting one of these, thank you as I'd have never have known about it otherwise. I was looking on youtube last night and found this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kt_s5ddZBg its in dutch, but look at the newborn go to sleep in a matter of moments once being submersed in the tummy tub! He goes from crying to calm in a few seconds of being dunked in.

Think I'll be purchasing one of these xx

No worries hun.... My friend who recomended it said that her twin boys who were 2months premature loved it and it really helped if they had wind.... both boys really suffered with constipation and it really soothed there tummy's!!

I think it is definately worth a try, thank you for the link xx

I sure hope so :p

omg that video is cute! so glad I got one now! x

I had never heard of this, but it looks great! As you say all of the reviews are fantastic. It scares me a little about holding the baby as it looks a little awkward? But all the babes look like they are enjoying it - might have to go on my list!!

The close up pic of the baby sitting in it absolutely cracks me up! I showed hubby too and really had a good laugh lol. So cute!

I honestly have no idea what kind of bath to get though, haven't even thought about it x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back