Flat tummy

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

By some sort of miracle (or by the fact that I dont get as much time to eat nowadays) my tummy is flatter now than it was before I fell pregnant. I wondered if any of you have started doing tummy exercises other than the ones they tell you to do at the hospital. ? My tummy is flat but a bit wobbly so I want to tone it up so its a bit harder.

Any tips other than sit ups?. I'm crap at them :)

Lou

I'm still losing weight at 6 months postpartum, unintentionally. I've joined a gym and I can feel my tummy getting flatter and firmer. I never thought it would again! :D

ive got a a stomach excerciser from tesco was £12.99 brillant can fee the difference already :D

I'm so lazy, yesterday I bought one of those battery powered ab toner things from boots!

I was surprised: I don't know if it's working or not but it hurts like hell!

Flat tummy whats that? After Damien was born my tummy went flat as a pancake by day 5, now it seems to have loosened and gone wibbly wobbly....very attractive!

i thought i had lost quite alot of weight, i attempted to get back in to my jeans yesterday, i was very dissapointed! :(

layla said:
i thought i had lost quite alot of weight, i attempted to get back in to my jeans yesterday, i was very dissapointed! :(

Me too. Then I bought a size 16 pair of jeans from Tesco and they are well tight and push what I thought was a flat belly into an unattractive roll!

I think you guys are being too hard on yourselves! Its not long since you guys gave birth.

I'm not going to even attempt to get into old jeans for at least three months after I've had my baby. I wouldn't dare!

I'm also not going to look in a mirror for a while either! Out of sight out of mind is the best policy for me :lol:

Thing is that I put on 3 stone 9lb when I was pregnant, and have lost 2 stone 5lb, yet can't see much difference has come off my arse! My thighs and bum still seem huge!

I am still fat and proud, I think I will loose weight when Dom starts running around the house :)

Well hopes this makes you feel better girls....

I wanted some 501's on ebay so measured my waist and its 34 inches! Thats the same size as my boyfriends lol

My tummy is flat but I'm by no means a size 8 girls!

My tummy is weird...its almost square when I look at it side on if that makes any sense to you?

Strange

Lou

Well girls I put on 4 stone during this pregancy and so far 2 stone has come off. Sounds great I know but my tummy is like pushing a water bed when i lay down, very amusing but frustrating. I so long for my flat toned tummy to come back!!!! Mind you Im very impatient as well.

Ladies

Beware of the dangers of doing sit-ups too soon after having a baby. I have enrolled on a post-natal course and have learned the following: -

Before doing 'sit-ups' make sure your stomach muscles have come back together again - they will probably have separated during late pregnancy with your bump poking through.

If you tighten them while they are still separated then they will stay in the wrong position and you could end up with a permanent 'podge' poking through the middle.

To check if they have come back together, lie flat on your back on and then stick 3 fingers into your belly button and lift your shoulders off the floor. You should be able to feel the muscles squeezing at your fingers, and if they have come together properly then the middle finger will get displaced.

If they haven't come together then you are only supposed to work the inner muscles (sorry - don't know what they are called) - the excercises are similar to those you were allowed to do during pregnancy.

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back