Shall I TTC or wait til after my Colposcopy?

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have a Colposcopy appointment, you know when your smear is abnormal (mine was borderline) and they have to double check your cervix with dye.

It's next Thursday and I will OV this weekend, shall I try anyway or just wait till I get my results and try next cycle just in case I might need treatment?

xx

Hiya

Did they give you any indication of what 'level' of abnormality was detected in your smear? Or I see you were told 'borderline', but that sounds like the least worst from what I recall?

The colposcopy itself won't hurt any TTC plans (as it's on the outer side of your cervix) but in terms of everything else (in case anything was wrong) hmm... I agree, hard to say if you should play safe or not. Did the NHS leaflet have any advice?

xx

Hi Hun,

It says that you can have the colposcopy if you are preggers but can't have the treatment if anything is wrong.

But as I'm only borderline I could take the gamble that it's gonna be ok...?

xx

Too right you can, if it's written in the stars that it's meant to be your month it will be my darling

xxx

hi MB, if you were told you were borderline there is no way they will treat you. i had to have the colposcopy every six months for 2 years before they mentioned treatment, luckily the next time i went it was normal again. i would be really really suprised if you were treated, i think it has to be quite bad. i'd deffo bd this weekend and i wish you all the luck with it xxxxxxxx

Yeh, I'd go for it too hon, especially like you said in your other post you've got a folicle about to pop!! :yay: xx

Hi MB - I has a colposcopy 2 yrs ago after my smear showed I was cin 3 which is very bad indeed!! They didn't think it was that serious when I had my smear results back from the docs. I really don't want to scare you but I really do think you need to be very cautious about what you think of doing now because (heaven forbid) you do end up having to have treatment but are pregnant, what then?? I think personally, if it was me, I would wait another month, make sure you are 100% o.k then go for it.
Really hope I haven't put the frightners up you its just your health is such an important thing (i have ms too so I really know) and baby will need you when the stork finally arrives.

I would not ttc until after your results Maybe...

The prodeecure itself is external - well, internal, but not inside your cervix/uterus - so it shouldn't harm a pregnancy.

But what if...?

What if you get pregnant and also the results from the colposcopy are bad?

Just think about it before you make up you mind and if you want to ttc anyway because you think everything is going to be just fine, then that's great :)

Hey Maybe :)

Maybe you should call Docs and ask, just to be on the safe side.

xxxxx

Mmm.... might wait then girls, I will probably be on Clomid next cycle so maybe I should just concentrate on getting healthy for that?

xx

Think of it as a 2 week break :D

Knowing that you 100% are not pregnant really takes the edge off and can be such a massive (lol Laura) relief :)

I'm not ttc'ing at the moment, not for a couple of cycles now and i'm not stress free, but it's better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back