Quite worried...

Oh thank you...

Yes all i've had so far is the colposcopy and a little piece of my cervics taken for the biopsy, gotta wait for the results of that before they go ahead and do either the cone or hot loop.. They said because i found it sooo painfull that they will knock me out for whatever else needs doing... i feel sick just thinking about it.. i feel like such a wimp...

I was the same. I hate needles to so that didn't help :cry: .
Let us know how you get on hun :hug:

:hug: On the upside, sunshine girl,
my mom had a biopsy done and said that's more painful than the 5 kids she's had.
So, childbirth should be easy as pie for you when it comes around!

lol... thats good then, my sister keeps on saying god if thats what your like with that how are you gonna be giving birth so at least i can now tell her that it is actually quite painfull.....

Just a little up-date...

I've just called the hospital to find out about my results, i just wanted to know if i need treatment or not.. Well anyway the person i spoke to said that my letter had been processed today but she couldn't discuss with me the details as she wasn't trained so i just asked her if it says on there that i'll need to come back for treatment and she said that there is another appointment to come back and see the consultant in early sept but thats all she can say...

So i just wondered if those women that have had the treatment did you have a letter to come back and see a consultant or a letter to say that you would need it treating?? sorry but we have a postal strike and i'm dying to know...

Hey, I don't think I can answer any of your questions, but I hope the letter is good news so you can start TTC asap. :hug:

Hi again girlies...

Well on Monday i went to the hospital for a leep procedure and when i got there it was a bloke doctor (aaahhh) anyway i soon got over that, lol.. He started explaining what was going to be happening through the procedure but said first lets just have a little look to see how things are.. Anyway i went out got changed came back in and sat on the big awful chair while he poked and prodded about, after about 10mins he said we wont be able to do the leep today we're gonna have to do another biopsy which, i was like WHY?? (it hurt the first time) so my heart sank, this time he needed to do a punch biopsy and take quite a few bits on different areas so he gave me two local jabs to help with the pain which i was very pleased about.. Anyway after what felt like a lifetime the nurse put the chair down i went out got changed and came back in.
The doctor explained and drew a big circle with a small circle in the middle and said that’s a diagram of your cervix when someone normally has abnormal cells taken away its normally around the small circle (the entrance) but i've noticed for some reason that you have an area going all around the big circle and i cant see how far back it goes so I’ve taken some more biopsy’s to see how much i will need to remove...

What i don’t get is why didn't the first person notice this? Also when talking me through the procedure at the beginning he said that this could effect me carrying to full term pregnancy but i didn't ask how long i will be able to carry to!!! does anyone know..?? Really worried again now...

I know its a rather long post but can someone please put my mind at rest...x...

really sorry i dont know anything about this but wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: what a time you have had :(
they shouldnt really say things like it could effect you carrying to full term with out explaining :x i have heard of some people having a stitch put in their cervix to keep the baby in, if it is going to be a problem they would maybe do something like that, when do you get your results?

Fingers crossed for you.

I don't *know* about the carrying to full-term, but I know a former colleague of mine, who had had something done after an abnormal smear (no idea what, I didn't ask), and when she got pregnant she had a planned c-section a couple of weeks before the due date so that the baby wouldn't press against the cervix or something.

Sorry I don't know any more - you don't like to ask details when it's a work colleage and you're standing by the water-cooler in an open-plan office!

Anyway - look on the upside. The doc said it might affect you carrying to full-term - which implies that he doesn't believe it will affect you getting pregnant or having a baby before the EDD. That's the way I'd interpret it and I would assume that if he knew you were TTC, that was actually his way of allaying your fears - he gave you the worst-case scenario as he saw it at that moment, and it doesn't look too bad at all.

So chin up, fingers crossed, and hopefully it'll all be over before Christmas, you can have a good relaxing break and look forward to TTC without this worry hanging over you! :hug:

Aaah thanks girls, i have my results in 4 weeks, i have an apt for the 19th of Nov so hopefully everything will be well on its way to being sorted.. I always said to my dh that i would be too posh to push so maybe i might of even been right.. hehe

Hi girls i am STILL bleeding quite heavy still..
On the Tuesday a day after having the biopsy i had quite a bad smelling discharge, which I left because I thought that if, it was an infection that it was too early to be showing any signs. On the Wed i had my period which was very heavy and since then i have been bleeding non stop, i went to the doctors on Monday this week and he took a swab to see if i had an infection and later this week he called and said that i had Bacterial Vaginosis, i asked if it was this that was making me bleed and he said "no i don’t think so" and said to start taking the antibiotics and if im still bleeding on Monday to give him a call.. Now i started to think well if they're not worried then i shouldn't be either but today i seem to be bleeding even more and thought well ive been taking these antibiotics for 2 days now surly it should be getting lighter??
Has anyone else has this that could offer me any advice?

sorry, not really got any advice, but :hug: :hug: :hug: I do remember bleeding for 2-3 days after a biopsy - and I know that the consultant warned me I might, she'd told me to bring sanitary pads to the appointment unless I was happy with the standard issue bulky nappies. She told me not to use tampons (not exactly a problem for me!) because they could cause an infection. Also to change the towels frequently for the same reason. I can't remember exactly how long the bleeding lasted, or what it was like, that was the least of my problems. I couldn't sit down for several days, and the pain kept me awake every night for best part of a week, so I really wasn't bothered by the bleeding!

Hope things are getting better now. If you've told the doctor and he's not too concerned, then it's probably nothing to worry about. If you're going to the doctor's today, good luck!

Sorry your having such a rough time of it hun :hug:

Is it the cone biopsy you've had done or the hot loop excision?
When I had the loop excision done I bled for a few days. But then we had sex b4 the six weeks was up :? and I started to bleed again. The doc said I had prob knocked the 'scab' off :oops:

Regarding the carrying to term. I asked about this when we started TTC and the doc said after having a cone biopsy and depending on how big of a piece of your cervix they have to remove some women need to have a stitch in the cervix to keept he cervix closed and have it removed just before your due. But that it's very rare and nost women don't need it done.

But if it's just the hot loop excision you had done ATM then I wouldn't worry about it too much. :hug:

skairdykat said:
... The doc said I had prob knocked the 'scab' off :oops: ...

oh yeah, that was the other reason why I was told not to use tampons, forgot about that. If you had AF after the biopsy and used tampons, you'll have been knocking the scab off every time it started forming. That's prob why the doc isn't too worried!

Hope you're ok today :hug:

Hi ladies its me again...

Err will it ever end...

I went back to the doctors in Nov and got the all clear... good eh... NO..

I had a routine appointment yesterday to check that everything was still ok.. When i got into the room the doctor told me that what i was told the last time was wrong and the last doctor had misread my notes and sent me off home telling me that i was all clear when in fact he was actually supposed to book me in for my actual procedure..

How bad is that, so now i have a day booked in for my actual operation.

What pisses me off is that if i was still pregnant i wouldn't be having these appointments and i wouldn't be none the wiser and in nine months time i would have had my baby and possibly even had cancer..

Oh and to top it off they done a pregnancy test on me and yes ou guessed it BFN.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back