Quite worried...

sunshine_gal

Reaction score
Hi folks..x...

I've been trying ttc since Jan this year with no luck so far, decided that this month we were going to try like we'd never tried before but this morning i got a letter from the hospital with the results from my smear asking me to make an appointment ASAP as they have found some abnormal cells, so i'm being called in to have a colposcopy!! It also states on there NOT to ttc untill this is cleared up and sorted so im really not happy and also quite worried that this might be the reason that im not falling pregnant, has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know anything about this sort of thing?? :(

Sorry, I don't know anything about it, but I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you.

When do you have to go back?

:hug:

ASAP i have to phone when their open tomo and book myself in, just hope its nothing serious..

You'll prob be fine. They have to call you back in even for the smallest of things, just to make sure.

My fingers are crossed for you.

Make sure you come back on and let us know!

Hi hun,

Basically your last smear has picked up cell changes and the colposcopy will let them know how severe the changes are. If you need to have cells removed then a hot loop incision will most likely be performed (I've had this twice) and this will remove the affected cells. This cant be done if you're pregnant which is why you cant TTC. Its not a pleasant procedure but please dont worry about it.
Just PM me if you need a chat :hug:

As snuggle has said hun. I've had a colpolscopy & a hot loop excision before I fell pregnant with Jordan, then I had smear while I was PG and it was still abnormal so after he had been born I went in for a cone biopsy which finally got rid of them.

Try not to worry hun, PM me it you want hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be ok. My MIL has had anomolies before on smears, and she's always fine :)

I also forgot to say that when I first went for the colpolscopy we were also TTC. I don't think abnormal cells will affect your chances of conceiving as it only took us 4 mths to conceive Jordan. It's just that if you do fall PG and then have to go on to have a loop excision or cone biopsy you will have to wait till after the birth to have it done.

Im sure everything will be fine and woint affect your vhances of trying to concieve :hug:

Do you think its ok to still ttc even tho it says not too, my cousin has just fallen pregnant after 7 years of trying so im worried about putting things off.. Im at my most fertile at the end of this week and i really would like to fall this month.....

its up to you ?

dont want to scare u but when i had my colposcopy i was told i was under 2 years away from having cancer . so imagine if i had of put it off because i was ttc , that was 14 months ago now and im still ttc and of i would have left i may well have got cancer instead of the baby i wanted .

i just dont think its something worth putting off , u may be fine and not need any extra treatment . my first ever abnormal smear was instead nothing , but the 2nd wasnt nothing , it was alot and coulda change my entire future .

Hi girls.. just a little up-date..

I went for my colposcopy on wed and they saw the cells and decided to do a biopsy which i might add, REALLY REALLY hurt.. I asked if i would need it treating and she said more than likely but we'll see what the results show but she thinks i will be back in a few weeks.. I found the whole thing so horrible that when it hurt i just burst into tears and then couldn't stop crying, i thought them having to take a bit of my cervics no matter how small that they would have numbed me or something.. Im so dreading going back now although she did say i can be knocked out for the next bit so thats better i suppose..

Im so upset about it all because now i cant even carry on trying for a baby till i get the resuts which she said could take about 4 weeks and after the treatment i then have to wait another 4 weeks...
:cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear you had a horrible time :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope it's sorted quickly

sunshine_gal said:
Hi girls.. just a little up-date..

I went for my colposcopy on wed and they saw the cells and decided to do a biopsy which i might add, REALLY REALLY hurt.. I asked if i would need it treating and she said more than likely but we'll see what the results show but she thinks i will be back in a few weeks.. I found the whole thing so horrible that when it hurt i just burst into tears and then couldn't stop crying, i thought them having to take a bit of my cervics no matter how small that they would have numbed me or something.. Im so dreading going back now although she did say i can be knocked out for the next bit so thats better i suppose..

Im so upset about it all because now i cant even carry on trying for a baby till i get the resuts which she said could take about 4 weeks and after the treatment i then have to wait another 4 weeks...
:cry: :cry:

Sorry hun. I had to have the biopsy as well. I got knocked out for it and was in hosptial for the day. It got rid of the cells though so it's worth it. :hug:

did you stay away for the biopsy? did it hurt you? im so scared of going back now because i found it so painfull and even after for a good few hours i was in pain too....

I was asleep for the cone biopsy. Have you just had the colpolscopy so far? After the colpolscopy I had to go back for a hot loop excision, which is basically a hot wire they use to burn away the abnormal cells. They just numbed my lady garden for that :oops: . After that healed they checked to see if they had got them all. They do that by another smear I think but I was already PG by then. They still did the smear but the cells were still abnormal. I had to wait till Jordan was born then they did the cone biopsy. It's uncomfortable when you wake you yes but not too bad. Can't have sex for around six weeks after though :roll: . That cleared them up for me. I still have to have smears yearly to make sure they've not come back.

Try not to worry hun. I know it's easy for me to say. Maybe the hot loop excision will get rid of them anyway and you won't need a cone biopsy.

PM me any time hun and I'll try to help. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back