think i am out this month already...

ams25

Reaction score
I've just had a letter through to book a smear test (my first! Eek a bit scared but I know its got to be done)

Rang up to book an appointment and the only slot they have in the next few weeks that I can make is next thursday. Next thursday will be my CD14 so most likely OV date? And I've heard that you can't BD for a couple of days before a smear test? So I think I am already out this cycle before its even begun grr nooo!

Just have to hope I OV earlier or later :) its my first month using opk's so I'm not sure of my cycles yet.

Honestly what are the chances! Grr. Just wanted to rant, I was so looking forward to next month after AF ruined dec for me! X

I've just had a letter through to book a smear test (my first! Eek a bit scared but I know its got to be done)

Rang up to book an appointment and the only slot they have in the next few weeks that I can make is next thursday. Next thursday will be my CD14 so most likely OV date? And I've heard that you can't BD for a couple of days before a smear test? So I think I am already out this cycle before its even begun grr nooo!

Just have to hope I OV earlier or later :) its my first month using opk's so I'm not sure of my cycles yet.

Honestly what are the chances! Grr. Just wanted to rant, I was so looking forward to next month after AF ruined dec for me! X

I had my smear on 15th Dec, BD'ed on 13th and Ov'd on 18th / 19th?

I think it's 24 hours you are not supposed to have sex for before a smear.

PS - Smear test is fine.

I was in, took my tights off, had my smear, put my tights back on and spoke with nurse in less than 4 minutes :shock:

Aw thankyou hun you've put my mind at rest! I hope mine is as quick as that :) 24 hours isn't too bad either I suppose, don't know where I got 2 days from!

Good luck for your 2ww! Xx

Have had 3 smears done and never new about the no sex rule so I didn't abstain! It's not wise early preg though and yep they have been fine slightly uncomfortable but very quick!

i asked my gp about this and she said, you dont have to abstain from sex but the reason they like you too abstain is so that the scrape they take from your cervix is "clean", also its easier for them to see yuor cervix if not coevered in man goo!! i woudl just abstain - onyl need to abstain for 24 hours. tell the nurse your ttc and she might be able to offer advise like if your uterus is tilted.

I had my first smear on 8:12:11 was completely fine! Nothing to worry about at all!!

I didnt even know u cudnt BD before smear??
Ive never been told n everythin bin fine so...... i say just go for it! xx

Ring the Dr's and ask about BD'ing hun!

Got my results yesterday and all normal so not back for another 3 years!

Was well impressed that they got my results to me within the week at this time of year!

PS: there is a lot of conflicting advice as to whether or not you should have a smear in early pregnancy. Personally I went just before I'd ov'd and wasn't yet in 2WW.

In the US though they give you a smear test as standard in early pregnancy so it can't be that dangerous.

Last edited:
Thanks girls you are all so helpful! :) will defo tell the nurse about ttc and see if she has any advice. I think we won't bd the night before the test to be on the safe side, do it 2 days before and the evening after the test maybe, I'm sure that will be enough to give me a chance this month! You've all put my mind at rest about the test itself so thankyou, it doesn't sound too bad! A bit scared in case I have bad results but I suppose that's only normal isn't it, and at least we are all being good and going when we're called! I would never miss something so important.

Itsbabytime- you made me laugh so much with 'man goo'! Lovely way of putting it haha! :) x

Wow I had no idea ur about the no BD rule either, I've had 4 smear tests and I'm only 25 lol.

Its honestly nothing to worry about. Its not that uncomfortable either. The most uncomfortable part for me is having my lady parts exposed lol.

Honestly ull be totally fine! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back