Colposcopy results are back!

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hey Girls,

I have some great news!

After another NHS nightmare I have been terrified I had CIN3 or even Cancer, basically I had a smear on the 13th Dec and didn't get the results until the 1st feb, where my letter said my result was borderline, which was fine, I went for a colposcopy and the doc couldn't do it as I was bleeding, I was a bit unsure about him so I spoke to my GP and she said that said I had CIN3 and she had a letter confirming it.

After I found out I rang the hospital and kicked of, 1 because they the initial letter only said I was borderline not CIN3 and 2 because they were making me wait another 2 weeks for a second colposcopy, which would be getting to 4 months since my initial smear, not good if I had CIN3!?

Anyway, the hospital told me that I didn't have CIN3 confirmed the letter my doctor had was sent in error, but I was ?CIN3, possibly CIN3 whatever that means. I had another colposcopy last Monday and had some biopsies taken and I just got the results today, I am completely FINE! Not even borderline!

I am extremely pleased and relieved, and I have learnt a lesson that when it comes to the NHS it pays to be proactive and not always to believe what they tell you.

I was furious as before I got married last year I went to my GP and asked for a pre-conception health check and the doctor practically laughed at me, she could have done my smear then and imagine if the results I got today were different?

Anyway rant over!

Onwards and upwards to my fertility appointment on the 22nd, clomid here we come!

xx

Spooky! I was just wondering how it had gone....excellent news!! Xx

Hey maybe baby, great to hear you're completely in the clear!! Good luck with the clomid :)

xx

That's great news Maybe, such a relief to know what is what :)

Plus it means you can continue on ttc without worrying about the stupid smear test anymore!

I can't believe they sent out the wrong dianosis letter to your doctor - what a bunch of idiots :wall2:

I can't wait to hear how it goes on the 22nd - best of luck that they get you heading forwards again :hug:

Last edited:
They never fail to amaze me :shock: :wall:

Glad it was good results though hun xx

Really pleased for you babe, poxy NHS I don't think there is a single person in here that hasn't been messed about by them. I bet you can't wait for your fertility appt I know I can't!! Silly question but when is your cycle due in April as I know clomid has to be taken on the first week of your cycle, just curious to see how close we will be when we both start clomid, hope we can be buddies yay!!

Thanks everyone! :hug:

I'm so relieved!

Vicky I have AF at the mo so my appointment will be around my OV so I will be starting on the 8th April or there abouts, wow the 8th of April is my Birthday, spooky!

I rang the clinic to let them know that all was well with the colposcopy and I got chatting to the Nurse and she explained that they would start me on clomid on CD 2-6 and then do an ultrasound on CD 10/11 to check that it was working and then if it's not working too well then they'll up the dose the next time. When is you're appointment and how will you know when CD 2 will be if you haven't had AF? I hope we get to be buddies!

xx

My appt is on the 18th April .... and it cant come quick enough!! :clock:

Hopefully get given clomid on my first appt as that is what GP has advised, should also get given a drug called norethisterone which you take for about a week and induces a period. Soall being well I am looking at starting my clomid at the end of April, so I wont be to far behind you.

I think my treatment will be identical to you, scans to check there is a mature follicle growing and increased dosage if 50mg doesnt work.

Just think, if we both get lucky on it first time then we will be able to go through our pregnancies together with just a few weeks difference .... that is a weird thought :shock::shock: lol

Not long now then Hun, you'll only be a bit behind me, you got married last May too didn't you I got married on the 29th, I thought I'd have a bubba by now, did you?

xx

We got Married on May 6th, never imagined back then that I would be going through all this ... I was so enthusiastic bout trying for a baby, thought it would be fun and exciting which it was for a while but the doubt soon settled in quickly .... how is your DH with it all ? mine is my rock, dont know what I would do without him!!

I just hope the clomid works for us as I cant even begin to imagine what to do if it doesnt ....

Just adding in some pre - clomid fairy dust for us

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Yep I was the same, didn't expect to be in this situation too, I know I will really really appreciate my bubba when he/she arrives.

My DH is absolutely amazing too, I'm sooo lucky to have him, he is so patient and understanding but will always tell me straight if i'm getting a bit crazy about TTC. I think I'm really going to make sure I spoil him this next month, he's been looking after me so well with all the colposcopy stuff.

From what I have read Clomid has a high success rate so fingers crossed and lots of dust us and for everyone else too!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

xx

Last edited:
And a little bit more .... I am aiming for twins LOL

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

And a little bit more .... I am aiming for twins LOL

Bloomin eck you must be REALLY discouraged from all this ttc to wish for two babies at once first time around lol ;)

Goood luck! :D

The amount of time its taking may as well have two lol .... Anyway the amount of drugs us lot are gunna be taking I am expecting at least one of us to have multiples ..... We can give octomum a run for her money lol

Hi Girls,

Bit of a set back for me, I had a call this morning from my Colposcopy Doctor who said has had a chat with my Fertility Doctor and she suggested they might do a laparoscopy on me first and also fix a thing I have on my cervix called an ectopy at the same time, I have to discuss this further at my next appointment on the 22nd.

Although I'd love to get cracking with Clomid it would be nice to have reassurance that everything's in order for a really healthy pregnancy, and after all my colposcopy stress i'm just happy I can have a baby at all so I'm going to try and be patient!

Will still TTC naturally in the mean time though, poor Hubby's had a good 6 weeks with no nookie!!

xx

sorry to hear that hun, never heard of it before so can't offer any advice, just hope it all goes well for you, im sure it will xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back