Sex Life???

Here's Hoping

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

We had our scan last Friday and everything was fine thank goodness. After many sleepless weeks worrying if the baby was in the right place, breathing etc. it was reassurring to see our baby for the first time and to see just how much it is moving!! :)

Aside from all of this (which is fantastic obviously) I can't help worrying about our sex life and the effects on my husband. I don't want anyone to read this and get the wrong idea but since getting my BFP I have been SO cautious and paranoid about having sex. I worry in case it will harm / affect the pregnancy and I also worry in case my husband just gets fed up of the lack of action!!! It's not like we have stopped altogether but obviosuly it has reduced considerably. Hubby has been brilliant and constantly tries to reassure me but I can't help feeling guilty.

Anyone else feel the same?

Hi,

Yeah I am in early pregnancy dont actually know for sure how far on I think about 5 weeks cause I had a scan on easter sunday and they only saw a 4mm pregnancy sac and I go back on thursday to find out if all is ok. I had some cramps a couple of weeks ago like my periods were coming but done the test and was pregnant.

so yeah lately I have been worried when it comes to having sex just incase it does any damage but I must admit when I have sex it is good and I feel really close to my partner. so relax and enjoy

My OH and I didn't have sex until I was 13 weeks because I was so worried about miscarrying again x it didn't affect our relationship but it was sooooo hard! Lol x

After reading lots of horror stories about bleeding after sex on here me and the hubby have abstained until after the first scan. I've got another couple of weeks to wait and I'll be glad - my arms hurt! :) It's the only way to shut him up and stop him moaning!

hi there im safe i had sex throughout with my 1st pregnancy all was fine but now this pregnancy im so worried and cautious it happens to us all so dnt worry just think of other ways to keep him happy xx

I haven't had sex since I found out I was pregnant and I'm nearly 12 weeks! Even though I've had a scan and the babies fine I'm still scared to have sex!! If your happy to have sex then it should be completly safe for the baby but I'm also sure your OH will understand if you want to wait!

I too read lots of things on here about bleeding after sex and thought it wasnt worth it and we going to wait until after 12 wks. It is hard and we joke about it but it hasnt affected our relationship and there are other ways of pleasing each other (sorry) xx

i had a very VERY active sex life during my pregnancy and it was ok, from about 8 weeks onwards. i did however end up in hospital at 23 weeks after i started bleeding during sex. it was quite heavy but it stopped by the next day. i was kept in for a few days and got internals/ scans and they found no reason as to why i had started bleeding. i waws more worried i couldnt get an explanation. one midwife suggest i had just bashed the cervix if we had been a little bit too rough. anyway i ended up gettin growth scans every 4 weeks just incase but the baby is growing perfect and is very active. it clearly hasnt effected the baby but it scared me to the point i couldnt have sex again. i have been given the all clear to have sex again but i couldnt. me and my boyfriend split up now (NOT due to lack of sex lol) so sex isnt an option now anyway. i know that loads of my friends have had healthy sex lifes all the way to the end though, i think i was just unlucky. all im gonna suggest is maybe take it a bit easier than u would normally do. hope i havent put anyone off too much, just thought id share my experience x

Last edited:
my midwife said not to reduce the ammount as there is no need to, so i havent, lol especially as my sex drive has rocketed (it wasnt low before tho ;-) )

but she did say that if your mister is well hung, then not to let him shoot his load in you in doggy style , as he will be too deep and MAY cause a little bit of bleeding,

good luck and keep making luuuurrrrvvvvveee!!!!

xxx

Hmm its a strange one I had a seriously high sex drive before finding out last friday I was pregnant and I know its only been a week but Ive really got no libido whatsoever now and find myself so exhausted every evening id much rather a nice cwtch up on the sofa and have only had sex once this week, my OH doesnt mind coz i know hes excited too but i do hope my mood changes coz i want to keep my OH and myself happy and dont want this to be an issue the whole way through pregnancy. i just dont know where my sex drive has gone :-(

I had sex all the way through my pregnancy, if not more!! lol But i did have a major bleed when i was about 4 months when we were having sex. Don't think it was connected to that but it made me a little more cautious about it but definately didnt stop us from dtd. Pregnancy made me horny lol

Kay, I'm glad I'm not the only one!!
I came off the pill in the first place because my sex drive had dropped completely and we thought we'd rule that out, it went up again for a bit but since being pregnant it's gone again! My poor OH doesn't know what's going on lol!
I can't help it, I just don't fancy it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back