Separation anxiety

BabyMagic

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

It would be great if you could share your experiences of your LO's separation anxiety. Anything which helped? How long did it last? When did end?

DD has been having separation/stranger anxiety for the last few weeks, so it started around 7 months. I have never left her for longer than an hour at the time (maybe that's why she has the anxiety in the first place??).

I have been going to the gym from around when she was 3 months old and had no problem leaving her at the creche. However, they have recently called me back after about 30 mins. I've asked them to call me back before she starts crying too hard. The severity of her crying seems to depend on who is working at the creche. The same applies to my friends, some are fine, some she doesn't seem to 'like' as much.

We co-sleep and up to now the bedtime has been easy. I used to put her to sleep and she would be fine in the bedroom until I went to sleep myself. Recently though, she still goes to sleep fine, but keeps waking up before I go to bed myself. I am certain it's to do with the anxiety as when I go to her, she stops crying. Any tips from other co-sleepers?

What I am really happy about though is that even though OH spends a lot of time overseas she has never shown any signs of shyness/stranger anxiety when he comes back.

The only solution which has worked so far is for me to go to her and give her a cuddle, which I don't mind doing as I can understand that becoming independent can be a distressing process for babies. I am not too keen on controlled crying etc. I look forward to reading how you others have tackled this stage.

Hi im not saying your baby has this problem -

My daughter was same she would be ok with me her dad and her nan...but anyone else even lose family shed see alot she would scream really bad she was terrified and she'd just cling to me screaming if anyone came near...she was like that from about 6 months till she was 2 and the reason with her was that the poor thing could barley see.. she has conversional squint, a stigmatism and very poor eye sight.. so she could recognise us by our sound but not really see us that well... but as soon as she got her glasses her confidence changed alot now she doesnt mind if i leave her with my mum and she talks to anyone now,,

but like i said im not saying your child has this problem just that ive been through it were she only wants me and it does get frustrating but only thing i can say is that she will grow out of it in time...i dont really know any ways of helping lol.

Caz - great to hear that your LO's situation improved with glasses :hug: It must have been very stressful for her before that :(

Anyone else - any experience with separation anxiety, or is my LO the only one? :think:

So long as hes getting attention he dont care who its from... he will smile at anyone, and is happy to be passed around whoever.

BUT heaven forbit I try to leave the room to go pee when hes then on his own - I get screaming, crying, its seriously like his world has ended!!!! Even if OH is in the room he'll do it...

Bless his heart, its so sweet, but anoying at times! Started just before 7 months

Coreysmummy - They called me back to the creche again on Sunday as LO had been crying for on and off (I've said to them not to let her cry blue murder). When I got back she gave the biggest smile and giggle to the lady at the creche. She loves the creche, but would just want me to stay there with her :rotfl:

So I know how you feel. LO actually comes to the loo with me often these days :oops:

ha ha!! Im glad im not the only one... I have to lay him on the carpet outside the loo upstairs as theres wood down stairs, so I have to go up there, so he can see me while I pee!!!

Damn babys work us ragged!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back