Seen consultant, date set for induction!

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Well I went to the hospital today and saw one of the registrars. My blood results are still abnormal but I have no other symptoms so they are not concerned........ we chatted about how big the baby could be - definatley over 8lb and could be over 9. And they still want me to wait 10+ days before I get an induction! :shock: So probably looking at a 10lber! They "would have booked me in sooner but with it being Christmas and everything they were busy" :? I saw the diary and they have 6/7 women booked in for inductions all the way through Christmas week so I have an induction booked for January 2nd if baby doesn't make an appearance before then!

**** TMI WARNING ***** :shock:
I also discussed some of the discharge I was having ( oh the dignity of pregnancy) and I had to go to the ward to lay down for 30 mins for the discharge to "pool" I was then examined! ( How gross is that!) They were concerned that I was leaking amniotic fluid but it turns out I may have thrush! NICE! Cervix is still closed and not favourable... so baby isn't coming any time soon........ :cry: I even had to cough to see if the cervix changed - it didn't!

I do feel positive though as they explained my blood results etc and took my concerns seriously........

So roll on January!!!!!!!!!! :D

hiys lyndsey,

i bet your glad you have a date booked now. your cervix being closed could be a good thing, maybe baby wont come on xmas day?

ah, thrush i hate it are they treating you for it? Aaliyah had it when she was about a week old in her mouth but its easily treated with daktarin.

keep up the positivity :hug:

OMG good luck, I hope the induction works or you have the baby before. I was induced 8 times and none worked. :shock:

Phew glad you an induction date hun, thats something to focus on anyhow!

Thats still a couple of weeks away so baby might come naturally yet!

Awwwwwwww, must be a relief knowing that your concerns have been taken so seriously! Sorry your tests are still abnormal, but glad you feel happier about the whole thing now. Hope you have a wonderful Xmas, and a really lovely start to the New Year :hug:

Thank you everyone! lol

No its not being treated as yet as they aren't sure if it is thrush or not ( swab was taken for testing) I am not itching or anything........

I am sure they will ring and tell me - I am seeing MW on Wednesday so I will ask her then.....

Going to try and focus on Crimbo now! lol

Londoner Claire said:
OMG good luck, I hope the induction works or you have the baby before. I was induced 8 times and none worked. :shock:

8 times!!!!!! :shock: OO that doesn't sound good at all!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed he/she comes before then!!!!!!!!!!

baby is due today 22nd December....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back