sciatica?

goodwin1234

Reaction score
Hi everyone, (newbie to the forum)

Quick question if you don't mind?

My partner is 23 weeks pregnant and is suffering from sciatica. We saw the doctor yesterday and she said if there is no improvement in two weeks then we should go back to the doctors and they would make an appointment to see a physiotherapist. Is there anything we can do in the mean time to relieve the symptoms?

Thanks in advance,

Kieron.

A warm bath helps for me. Plus I think a gym ball would be good to rotate on... Sitting on mine relieves a lot of pressure.

Unfortunatly Sciatica is one of those pregnancy symptoms that we have to put up with, it will only sort itself out once baby is born and uterus has reduced in size/weight.

X

Thanks for your reply =O)

Do you not think that it would be worth trying the psysio then?

I would def go see the physio given the chance. Though the problem with sciatica, in my case anyway, is that it forever comes and goes and you end up having to find a new way to soothe it each time. My last bout was soothed by a bath, and then it was gone by the time I woke up. I probably managed to twist it out in my sleep, or baby simply moved off of my nerve for me!

My sciatica is caused by the position of the baby, so it's sporadic. However sciatica can be caused by tge weight of the uterus or non pregnant related problems. So the physio may be able to advise what is causing the sciatica in your partners case and give you both ways in which to help rid the sciatica or at least reduce the pain ( I think they teach you certain stretches). Physios advice is going to be the one to listen to as they are the pros, and know what's best to do... And more importantly what is safe for mother and baby.x

Last edited:
Oh and I think yoga is supposed to help too. Maybe book your partner in to sone pregnancy yoga classes?x

thanks this has been a useful thread for me too! siatica is soooo annoying! x

Thankyou for all your replies.

Warms baths it is then, until we can get an appointment with the physio anyway.

p.s You should have seen the look i got when i suggested yoga!! lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back