Sciatica?? :(

Heulyn

Reaction score
I've noticed that if I move my legs too much [or sometimes even a little...], especially when lying down or walking, I get this agonising sharp pain shooting through my back/bum/legs.

Is this the dreaded sciatica that runs in my family?
Will it go away after pregnancy?
Is it going to get worse as I get bigger?
Will it make labour more difficult??

So many questions girls..... :help: :cry: :help:

iam too getting this i get it if im sat down or walking but i get a pain at the top of my bum and sometimes the pain can be very painfull ppl have told me its common in pregnany but im still gonna have a word with my midwife when i see her.

Yeah, I get it too, especially if I'm slouching (which I do a lot!).

My next midwife appointment isn't until the end of October, so will be interested to know what people are told!!

Hey, I've suffered with sciatica for about 5 years and it has indeed got worse since being pregnant. I had acupuncture on it a while ago and that did help to be fair, I get it in both bumcheeks and hips and shoots all the way down to my ankles! Stretching your glutes rrally eases it though - lying on your back, push the opposite knee towards the opposite hip and hold. You should feel a stretch in your bum. Hold 30 seconds then swap sides. X

sounds like what i get and yes it be the dreaded sciatica, when i get it its only for 1-3 days at a time and midwife said its just from baby lying on the nerve so she just said to try changing babies position when i get it by going on all fours and stuff because as soon as the baby moves the sciatica will pretty much go straight away as well xxx

its so painfull thou :( how can i ease the pain i think my baba likes making mummy be in pain ahaha lil bugger

I had terrible sciatica when I was PG with DS1. I found leaning forward over things used to take the pressure off the nerve...

I was told it would go away as soon as bub was born (it didn't... but fear not... I had a freaky lump that was squashing my spinal cord... so actually nothing to do with the baby... BUT sciatica is sciatica and its CRAP!)

I didn't notice the sciatica whatsoever during labour... :D

I also saw an osteopath and I found that really helped me....

Good luck...

I have been suffering too, and have done on and off over the years, but a lot more noticable at the moment being pregnant. I do find as long as it isn't due to being over tired, the best thing to easy it off, is gental exercise, it is uncomfortable to begin with, but does easy it off and help the pain.

so what is the best thing i can do to ease the pain x

I only get a sharp pain at the bottom of spine when been on feet all day towards end of the day

Hope you girls that get more pain, get some releif soon

Good job we have flexi Lexi the fitness instructor on here !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back