Sciatica

Bloom

Reaction score
I know there are lots of woman on here who have or are suffering from sciatica and i just wondered what you find helps it.

Last year before i got pregnant i had sciatica and it has left a weakness in my back and i think its rearing its ugly head again. Im amazing ive got to nearly 30 weeks without it causing me any problems so far. Its worst at night when i lie down for bed i cant move then without being in agony. I dont want to take paracetamol any more than i really have to.
:cry:

i have sciatica and it was awful between 18-30 odd weeks, but its calmed down for the last 8 weeks or so... think it might be change in babys position.
but you have my sympathy because i know how painful it can be.. and its a pain that makes you feel sick it feels so weird!
nothing i did prevented it... just stay off your back and lie on the opposite side to where it's happening, to stop your nerves being squashed :hug:

I've had it, but not continuously. The only thing I find helps is trying numerous different positions until I find one that doesn't knack as much. I had it really bad the other week and I couldn't sit down at all for about 24 hours. I had to lie or stand.
Have some hugs because it sucks :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've had sciatica before and buring my pregnancy and it bloody hurts so I really feel for you :hug:

Walking helps when I get a flare up, try not sitting in the same position for too long and swimming can help too. Paracetamol doesn't really help the pain I don't think :(

I hope it eases for you soon.

I had it from about 38 weeks onwards.. to be honest I didn't find that much helped really but I did put a hot water bottle type thing on it in the evenings. It made it feel a bit better but didn't stop the pain while I was walking around etc.

It really sucks... hope all you Sciatica people feel better soon x

:hug: :hug: :hug: heaps of sympathy hun! It bloody hurts :cry:

I had it up until about 24 weeks. Before then nothing helped really apart from like Kimbo said laying on opposite side etc.. I couldnt walk as my leg would just give way so I was just laid on the setee for ages as sitting hurt and walking anywhere was a no no.

Mention it to your midwife as mine said I could have physio if it got really bad. Hope you feel better soon
xxxx

I hope it doesnt get worse as it took me months to be able to walk properly last time :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back