Sciatica

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Hey,
I have my doctors appointment at 4.10pm today to see what they can do about my Sciatica (at least that's what the midwife said she thought it was).
I've been googling it and there doesn't seem like there is much that can be done for it. It's been getting so bad at times that i can barely walk.
Will the doctor give me a sick note? I'm hoping so as my job would aggrevate it so much!!
The midwife did say she might be able to give me painkillers...

I've got this and my doctor gave me a sick note without me even asking for one. You should definitely get one just explain to them that your job will aggravate it.

:hug: :hug:
Sciatica is horrible isn't it?

Yeh it really sucks! I will ask if she doesn't say anything as there is no way I can work with this. I mean, i have agood and bad days/hours where the pain can be bearable but most of the time i can barely walk, move or get things! Ah well. I'll let you know how i get on!

Mine is just the same - I can be OK for a couple of days then i'm in pain again.

I hope you get sorted at the docs :hug: Good Luck

hopefully you'll be signed off hun, I was for weeks with mine ( about 6 I think) Its stopped now but I occasionally have it on the odd day. Walking was a nightmare if not impossible so I sympathise with you sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Thanks guys, doc was really nice, she's given me a note for a week but told me to go back if it's still bad then.

She felt my back and said she could actually feel the muscle/nerve spasming!!

She also asked me if i'd help out with her teaching, she's asked me to help her teach some medical students, apparently they will want to ask me questions, see my notes, feel my belly, test my pee, that sorta thing. I agreed to it as she was so nice to me. Lol.

Glad to hear you got on well. I ended up being off 6 weeks with mine.

Put your feet up and relax. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back