scared :/

LouLou1986

Reaction score
two weeks ago was measuring 34 weeks instead off 28 so they booked me into the hospital to see the consultant tomorrow, whats guna happen? anyone clue me up please as im getting scared now

They should just scan you? As fundal height isn't very accurate :hug:

Last edited:
i don't know for sure but measuring large for dates i would guess that they might do a gestational diabetes test, or scan you to see if you have more waters than average etc and then decide what to do... i am measuring big for dates by 3 weeks and had the gestational diabetes test which was fine.

They said because it's my 2nd i might just measure big and that if the measurements increase that they might do a scan to check waters etc. She said they sometimes scan to estimate the size of the baby too but that this is not always completely accurate either.

I guess they will do all they can to rule out as meany reasons as poss for measuring large. Try not to worry... it's good they are checking and keeping an eye on you - hope it goes well x x x

they sed my blood sugars where fine and stuff as they did my 28 week bloods, not sure on the scan as they never booked me in for one just to see the consultant???

At 24 weeks I was measuring 28 so got booked in to see my consultant. He measured my fundal height and then scanned me. They found I had excess fluid which is what was making me big. I also had high blood pressure so was signed off work for 4 weeks. I also go back for scans every two weeks now to check the fluid.
Try to stay calm as I worked myself into a state before my first growth scan.
Have you had the GTT test?

wats a gtt? :s and dnt think theres loads off water as the nurses at work have had a feel off him and sed he is a huge baby :(

GTT is a glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes. My midwife booked me in for mine as soon as she measured me and i was measuring big.

no, they sed they checked my blood sugars at my 28 week appointment and they was all normal :/

It'll be the consultant who scans you I would think...he/she will do a very detailed scan taking all the measurements....I've had about 4 scans with a consultant to check my placenta and he's always done a load of measurements of baby as well. Try not to worry as it really is impossible to tell size of baby just by 'having a feel'....the consultant initially said mine was small when he felt me, but at scan it turned out he is big. Wait and see what happens...even if he is really big it's not the end of the world....as long as he's healthy!! xx

i thought they would scan u to just to check the size of baby. I have always measured right but this time im 2 weeks ahead my mw wasnt botheres as she not seein me till im 34 weeks now..

Where is it u work if the nurses had a feel will they not know what ul be going in for?
Best of luck xx

Can't realy add anymore hun but I hope it all goes ok tomorrow

x x x x

one is a trained midwife and see recons im like 35 weeks, and as you can see from my sig thats at least 5 weeks ahead, i am really nervous tbh as with my last baby i never had none off this :/

do u think ur dates might be wrong hun? id try not to worry sure as the others have said all wil be fine x

Hopefully it's like the others have said and these measurements are just not very accurate... Hope everything goes well tomorrow, let us know what happens xxxx

The measurements aren't accurate atall...i really wouldn't worry yourself hun. I was measuring a few week ahead and they sent me for a scan and everything is normal, the baby is the right size. Try not to worry yourself. Look forward to seeing your baby again :) xxx

I had appointment with consultant because bump wasn't growing the opposite to you, and they said consultant would decideif i needed scan or not, he decided not as it startd to grow again so they may just see what bump measuring and take it from there

heya girls they sent me in straight away for a scan, baby is 4lb 4oz which they have plotted as normal on my chart they recon hes going to be at least 9lb 4oz :/

so they are saying thats normal for me

they are concerned about my plactenta though as they sed its "reaching" the cervix, not sure wat that means tbh but i thought it would off moved by by now as it was low at my 20 week scan and that was 11 weeks ago! rescan at 34 weeks for that i think!

on the good side babys well he was kicking around a lot and giving the scan person a hard time, deffo a boy though saw his boy bits again :)

Last edited:
Awww I glad baby is ok and its good he's measuring a healthy weight. :) did they say what will happen if your placenta doesn't move up by 34 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back