He's shrunk!!!

cherelle

Reaction score
:eh: Well ive seen the midwife today and im measuring 34 at 38 weeks - but at 36 weeks i was bang on at 36.

How the hell have i gone down in size?? Midwife measured loads of times and seemed really puzzled - shes booked me in for a 'review' at the hospital on Tuesday.

Has anyone experienced this? Not sure what will happen at the hospital? x

Hmm, not got a clue hun but does sound a bit odd.. Could it maybe just be the way he's lying or something? Or maybe MW has measured wrong last time?

xxx

Last edited:
Was it the same midwife hun? I got measured one week by mw and the next week by a consultant and there was a week difference. Hopefully its just the way baby is lying.

l

he wouldnt of shrunk hun just you :)

it could be that he is alot lower now so your uterus isnt as high the position of the baby counts alot to measurements too dont worry xx

Yeah it was the same midwife who has measured me every time and ive always been spot on my dates before now. She did seem a bit worries about it and spent ages ringing around talking to different midwives at the hospital to get me seen asap!

He has deffo moved down and i told her about the pains im gettin down low. I wonder if i might get a scan then? x

He must be lying in a different position or something like the girls said. Cos he couldn't have shrunk lol. I've only ever been measured once in my pregnancy, I don't think the measurements count for much to be honest. Hope all is ok though.
Everytime someone asks me how long I have left they always look at me as if 'yeah right' cos I'm not that big xx

I still reckon it could be the waters somehow. If not a minor leak, then maybe you've absorbed it! I dunno. Why are you waiting til tues, why aren't they doing it sooner?

They did say they couldnt fit me in for 5 weeks lol but obviously that was no good, midwife really had to hassle them to get me seen asap. I hope i get a scan! x

I got measured today she said 32 what does it mean?, sorry it was my first measure I should ask but was too focus on his heart beat.

I got measured today she said 32 what does it mean?, sorry it was my first measure I should ask but was too focus on his heart beat.

I take it that means your measuring at 32 weeks? I don't think being a few weeks out either way is anything to worry about though, someone else could probably give you a better answer, I'm pretty useless :lol: xxx

Last edited:
It's quite normal for fundal height to drop slightly or not increase if baby changes from lying with their back down your front to lying so they're down one side of you, and also as they start to engage. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back