big for my dates!

aliciabubba

Reaction score
I had a midwife appointment yesterday and she measured me and now im measuring 40 weeks at 29 weeks!! I have been booked in to see the doctor next Wednesday and see what he thinks about baby's growth etc. Has anyone else had this problem? Midwife doesn't think its a fluid problem, just a really big baby! Im 5ft 4 so im quite scared of pushing this lil bub out lol!!! xxx:shock:

try not to worry too much hun till u see doctor as they will prob scan you etc to determine if baby is actually as big as mw measures you, i have no experince of being told of big babies just the opposite but im sure all will be fine :hugs:xxx

Alot of people have been measuring big
The scan will give you more an idea so don't worry.

thanks girls, at least i get to see bub again on screen!! xxx

I've been measuring big all this Tri and have growth scans every 4 weeks, last one next week. My LO is a big girl no extra fluid but has grown consistently big ie its a smooth growth curve, try not to worry, it's quite common, you may also be offered a GTT test for GD x

I had same thing happen 2 weeks ago at last midwife appointment I was measuring 43 at 36 but when I went to hospital after 5 days of worry :( the doctor measured me at 38. I've another midwife appointment tomorrow so will see what measurement is. I would try not to worry until you see the doctor it may just be a mistake as in my case or if it's not you will be monitored closely. Hope all goes well at your appointment.

im gonna try not to worry, but i have had a GTT test done and everything was fine. But will let you girls know how i go at the appointment. thanks for the support xxx

I was the same, felt I was being told allsorts that just made me worry for nothing, got measured 4 weeks bigger, had GTT last week all fine, and just had my scan, and he is measuring perfect, just the right size, not more water and placenta is right so they can't tell me why I'm measuring big! He is 3lbs 7oz, according to my phone app that's right for his age :) x

could you tell me what they do at the growth scan? What do they measure etc? xxx

With mine today (they dis same at 20 weeks really ) checked his heart and spine, then measured top of the head, they looked from the bottom up and she did one other, think it was a part of his brain, but its mainly head and spine. Try not to worry, I know its hard, my heart was beating fast until I saw my lil man. But honestly I had been told so much that I was big, and was gonna have a wopper, was trying to set myself up for it, but now I've found out that he is exactly right! So lovely to know I'm gonna have my lil baby :) and if your baby is a bit big, you will get to meet him sooner!

O and its still enjoyable, like at 20 weeks once they have measured they try and show you the face, and toes etc :)

oh i cant wait to see lil bub again! It just gets a little annoying at times when people say to me i look full term!! I know thats how I feel now, im gearing myself up for this big massive baby and I could be worrying for nothing!! I know Midwife said yesterday if it is a big bub, they dont like to wait till full term, so there is an advantage to see he or she earlier lol! thanks Kayelle. x

No problem :) I was exactly the same, good luck and let me know how it goes! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back