Scans.

SarahCarps2be

Reaction score
Me again :whistle:

Sorry!

Just wondered about scans...

Do MOST women just have the 12 week and 20 week scans (obviously apart from private ones)?!

Or do most ladies have to go back for growth scans when they're later on?! Is it a normal thing to have to go back for growth scans or is that when things start to become worrying!?

Just something that sprung into mind!

I'm not sure tbh Hun I'm booked in for a 32 week scan but Im high risk and under consultant care. X

Im booked in for 20 and 28 week scan cause of previous misspreggies .. And how low my iron is x ... However not considered high risk due to age and not being overweight (what midwife said) xx

Our hospital does 12 weeks, 22 weeks and 34 weeks as standard. xx

Just interesting to know really..

when midwife went through all the times I see her, she mentioned scans, but only mentioned 12 and 20 week ones...

I've got a standard pregnancy so far, not high risk, not overweight.. :S

I've just been offered the 12w and the 20w ones. Think I'll book in for a private one at 30w though

My hospital does 12w, 20w and 32w for all women.

xxxxxxxxxx

I only get a 12 week and a 20 week scan as standard, I think it varies from trust to trust though.
x

Last edited:
mine does 12wk and 20wk. And they only started doing the 20wk one 2 years ago!!

we only get another one if we are high risk, had previous problems or wanting a home birth.

i am going to book a private scan for 30 weeks I think. I cant go 20wks without seeing my LO again!

mine does 12wk and 20wk. And they only started doing the 20wk one 2 years ago!!

we only get another one if we are high risk, had previous problems or wanting a home birth.

i am going to book a private scan for 30 weeks I think. I cant go 20wks without seeing my LO again!

I'm thinking the same!!

Be nice to see how much they've grown too!!

My hospital does 10, 12, 20 and 34 then every 2 weeks I think xxxx

Our hospital just does 12 & 20 weeks if its a 'normal' healthy pregancy..

I am going to be pushing for another scan though due to past family history of stillbirth and cotdeath, which is what my SIL was offered x

My hospitals does 12, 22 and 32 as standard for all women, but obviously more if you are classed as high risk x

We get a 12 and 20 as standard.

32+ week scan is normally growth or to check placenta position if needed.

My hospital does 12, 20 and 30wk scans as routine x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Here we get 10 weeks, 20 weeks and then nothing unless they are worried! I suspect I'll be booking a private scan for 30 weeks! :)

As far as I know, I only get a scan at 12 weeks and 20 weeks, as long as everything is normal xx

Only 12 & 20 week scans for me here.

I think our hospital just does the 12 and 20 week ones but as Im under Consultant care Im not sure whether I might get other scans to check on growth. Consultant said there was no obvious problem with me having a natural birth but due to my condition they looked at shape of pelvis said its normal so hopefully it will stay that way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back