Accuracy of growth scans?

yorksmummy

Reaction score
Re-posting in here as maybe tri 3 isn't the place to get answers about the accuracy of growth scans, need the opinions of Mummies who have had them and have also already had their babies.
I have been measuring 3-4 weeks big since 28 weeks, got referred to the consultant who measured me 3 weeks big (even though I don't think he expected to), dismissed it saying baby was a good size and I have a history of large babies (above average size). Everyone else in this situation seems to have been referred for a growth scan and I know I won't get one through my consultant.
So I don't know whether to try and book a private growth scan, I don't really know how accurate they are anyway. Everyone now thinks I am going to have a large baby due to my bumps size but I don't know whether it's worth spending the money if they're not that accurate anyway, but I don't know if it is just a big baby or something else.
What do you ladies think? x

Don't think so, the consultant discharged me back to community care. Don't think the midwife will refer me back again either.

I was measuring 4 weeks behind so got sent for a growth scan which said baby would be between 5 and 6lb at full term she came at 40+4 weighing 8lb 1 Oz so very wrong in my case! x

I carry huge and measuring 4 weeks more when I was pregnant with my 2nd my first weighted 8lb 13oz so not little but not big, so they sent me for a growth scan with my 2nd as they thought she might of ended up bigger at 36 wks the said she was 6lb 8oz but she was only 7lb 13oz born 5 days late, my mum had diabetes when she was pregnant with my brother they she was massive they give her a scan on her due date to decide if she needed a c section, they said he was 8 1/2 lb he was born 8 hours later weighing 10lb 7oz lol I don't there very good myself at guessing the babies weight xcxx

Thanks you ladies. Don't think I'll be bothering with the private scan then. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back