Scans

rachaellouise

Reaction score
How many scans do you have through your pregnancy?

I know about the 12 week dating scan
Then the optinal scan between 18-20 weeks

What other ones do you get?

Thats it for NHS unless there is a problem or its multiples. You can allways book a private 4d scan tho between 24-32 weeks I think it is x

Yep 12 weeks and 20 weeks is the norm. I'm getting an extra one at 36 weeks cause I have a low placenta and they need to see if it has moved up by then. If they need to monitor growth more closely or you have gestational diabetes then you'll have more...but in a healthy, straightforward pregnancy it's just the 2. xx

I had one at 9 weeks (as thought I was further but got put back a few weeks), 12 weeks, 20 weeks and a private 4d one at 28 weeks! If I could I would have one every week as I think they are the most amazing things I have ever seen!
XxX

Didn't Tom Cruise buy an ultrasound machine so he and Katie could look at Suri all of the time? How good would that be?? Xxxx

Last edited:
2 unless you have problems or complications i think ... like any pain or anything xx

Gosh, we never get them before 18-20 weeks unless there's a problem - I wish we WOULD! I did have one at 11 weeks with my daughter since they couldn't find a heartbeat on the doppler. Then I had another with her around week 28 due to some cramping etc. With my son though I just got the one around week 20 - that's it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back