Room Temperature PANIC!

K&A

Reaction score
hiya, been a typical new mummy im panicing about every little thing, my biggest concern is room temperature at night. I have a themometer right near moses basket but i panic because i can't get room just right :wall2:

HELP!!

does anyone else worry about this and how do you handle it. Its driving me crazy. Ive got to the point where im watching him sleep im that worried :(

kylie and baby Jack x

I'm worrying about this too. Our heating is a bit hit and miss and the slightest movement on the thermostat can either male the house a sauna or a freezer.

I'm already paranoid that she will overheat to the point I wake in the night and rest my hand on her body to check she is breathing.

So you are not alone xx

Your meant to have the room around 18 but mines always about 21 and I worry he's too cold still!!

Your meant to have the room around 18 but mines always about 21 and I worry he's too cold still!!

Me to OH keeps telling me there ok at around 18 but even im cold at 18 so his little hands are cold an thats it.

We have a GroEgg thermometer that changes colour if the room is not the right temperature. Since we have had it set up its been the correct colour of yellow and thats with the window open. The recommended room temp on it is between 16 and 20 degrees! When its within the recommended it says baby should have on vest, sleepsuit and sleeping bag of 2.5 tog.

It is more dangerous for babies to overheat than to be a little cool. Oh and also my book says to check how warm baby is by touching his /her tummy not hands as that is not accurate to how warm their body is xx

Last edited:
my room is slightly too hot but Noa lays with me in bed with a thin sleepsuit and a thin blanket. Everytime i wake up i just feel his neck and either put another layer of the blanket on him or take one of him. Im not so worried as i was the first night when he was in the mosesbasket. I prefer to have him in bed so i can check him all the time without getting up x

daisy sleeps in a vest and sleepsuit she kickes her blanket off and i have no heating so it pretty chilly but it never wakes rather to cold than too hot but as it getting chillier im gona invest in a sleepbag for her i think

My house is freezing if the heating isn't on! Also have no radiators in our bedrooms just one on landing and one in bathroom (stupid ex owners not us!) So I'm keeping the heating on low in the night (costing me a fortune!) if I don't he wakes up with a cold nose and hands. He wears a vest, baby grow, 2 blankets plus the moses basket duvet loosly over the top. He sleeps lovely without no grisling till his feed.

my little one sleep in his carry cot with vest, sleepsuit, wrapped in a thin blanket and then a thick blanket over the top of him.. Im constantly waking making sure his ok x

mines always at 21 without heating on. But i feel if i open the window a little then it will get too cold.. Im so worried. I guess this is parenthood x

It's always 21 in our room and liv seems fine she sleeps in a pair of pjs and her sleeping bag and is plenty warm enough. 21 is freezing to me but she's fine! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my HV said until they can role over on there own (how ever old they are then) they will have cold noses, hands and feet due to shitty circulation, and to check there belly to see how warm they are n like u guys said better to be a little cold than too warm cos they overheat too much, our nursery is between 18-21 n to me it feels chilly, but if thats what they say is ok then i guess il beleive em, lol

ask me again in 4 weeks when babys here n im sure i will of changed my thinking, lol

xxx

I worry constantly about Seb overheating but I'm worse when he's in his pram which isn't often as I have him in moby sling 9/10. He sleeps generally in bed with me so I can feel his temp and adjust accordingly. We are popping him in his cot sometimes now during the night but I'm so restless when he's in there!

I worry constantly about Seb overheating but I'm worse when he's in his pram which isn't often as I have him in moby sling 9/10. He sleeps generally in bed with me so I can feel his temp and adjust accordingly. We are popping him in his cot sometimes now during the night but I'm so restless when he's in there!

ohh helen thank goodness.. I thought i was turning into a loony.. I do not sleep properly at all, i constantly wake up checking him.. At least i know im just been a normal mummy x

It's reassuring to know you're not going mad isn't it! I'm not even a first timer! Lol! OH sleeps through and I, at best, cat nap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back