Cold and cough advice plz

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey, im in bed now watching my poor baby struggle to sleep! He's full of cold and has a cough which is worse on a night, he been like this 3 days now! Been using saline spray, olbas oil, the occasional bit of calpol, have raised his matters a little, have taken him into a steamy room with the olbas, but thus is worst he been, can hardly breathe! He keeps waking up coughing! In in for a very rough night and if he does manage to sleep then I wOnt for worrying about him! I can't see point in taking docs they won't do anything! What do you guys think? Any tips and advice? Cough medicine? Should I go docs? Thanks for any advice!
A worried mummy xx

We did specific strokes in baby massage and moves in baby yoga to relieve chest & sinus congestion. Worth googling! Hope he gets better soon xxx

the only thing i could suggest is that when my lo was full of a cold we took him in the bathroom when we showered and let the steam get to him, we also bought a plug in that released vapours and has like refil cartridges which worked a treat (both for him and me) i loved it, other than that i felt pretty useless, with a cold i guess u have to let it work its course!!! hope your lo is soon better!!!

Thanks Gemma, silly me we did massage and yoga, will get the notes out! x
Thanks any, seen those in chemist and will give a go x
Does it harm to wrap him up warm and take a walk? With weather being so lovely? Or should I keep him in? X

I was advised to keep Seb in (he's got a horrific cold and cough) but I always thought it was better to take them out cos keeping them in the central heating dries out the air and makes stuff worse. You could also try putting a wet/damp towel on a radiator in the room youre in, it's supposed to help x I also use lavander oil in the shower when using it to steam up the bathroom (just 1-2 drops)

noa has an inhalor for his coughs (from gp) i use a wet towel with eaculupus drops on the radiator at night n i give calpol before bed

im a hugh beliver in that fresh air does nonthing but good so i take him out everyday.

xx

noa has an inhalor for his coughs (from gp) i use a wet towel with eaculupus drops on the radiator at night n i give calpol before bed

im a hugh beliver in that fresh air does nonthing but good so i take him out everyday.

xx

i second that!!! fresh air must do good. i try to take marley out everyday even just for half an hour if i can.

its a gorge day today so i think we shall go to hyde park!!!!

Thanks all so much for your replies and useful tips! I took him a nice walk this aft and it def not done him any harm he seems a little better if anything! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back