room sharing...

lisa282

Reaction score
E is now almost 4 months old and totally filling her moses basket :roll: We may get another couple of weeks use at the most, but that is it and she will have to go into her cot. This in itself isnt a problem, but the fact is her cot is in T's room as we only have the 2 bedrooms. Unfortunately there isnt enough space in our room for it or else I would have it there. So my question is, do you any of you have kids who share? And from what age did you do it? How did it go? :think:

T has always been an excellent sleeper right from a baby, he easily does 12 hours a night and we never get a fuss. In fact sometimes we are hard pushed to wake him up if we need to. However I am still nervous about putting E straight into his room at only 4 months old. She is breastfed and has started waking 2/3 times a night for a feed over the last few weeks - before that she would sleep well from 7pm to about 5am :roll: I would like to think she wouldnt disturb him if she wakes/cries, but if its on a regular basis then maybe she will? :? I really dont have much choice about this, as its the only place we can put her cot, but I am delaying it as long as I can in the faint hope she will go back to sleeping 8-10 hours undisturbed :pray:

Has anybody gone through this and how did it work for you? Im not bothered about getting myself up to feed her in the night, Im just concerned that once she wakes I might have to contend with 2 grumpy kids and not just a hungry baby :roll: Which obviously will mean even less sleep and longer to sort out our night time routine again. Im hoping to ride it through Christmas and see E through this growth spurt and feeding frenzy, then move her into T's room in a couple of weeks time :D Just need to try and settle her a little better at night again first :pray: HELP!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to try a bigger crib or move her into his room on a trial? You may find she sleeps better :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back