Rhesus negative?

claire23

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i had my 2nd midwife appointment this morning, all is well with baby and i heard the heartbeat for the first time :) :)
My blood group results came back as rhesus negative, she was quite reassuring and told me lots of info that didn't all sink to my head lol, i know i have to have an anti d injection in a few weeks and after labour they will immediately take blood from me and the cord. Does anyone else have this blood type and have any useful info?
my midwife was very shocked that i have never been tested for my blood type before and im wondering if it was picked up before could it have prevented my other miscarriages if i had had this anti-d shot?
This baby is gonna be for keeps though i have a good feeling about it :) xxxxxxxxxxx

no hun i'm Rh- too but having an anti-D would not have prevented a MC as far as i know. You should really have been tested for this before.but they say if you have a natural MC before 12 weeks you do not need the jab, mine were delt with surgically so ive had the jab twice before.

We just need to get the jab at 28 weeks and then as you say after birth.

xx

ok thankyou nurse, will i automatically be given an appointment for anti-d do you know? or would i need to book it myself? xxx

MW told me you get it at the 28 week appointment, which you have anyway :) i'm not looking forward to it as the last 2 were quite sore but over pretty quick :)

ok thanks hun, im gonna try not to think about it i hate needles! they practically butchered my arm and hand for my blood tests lol xxx

I too am RH Negative. I had anti-D after last MMC and told would need another anti-D at 27/28 wks and after baby is born.

RH negative blood will not cause any MC's. Baby has it's own blood type and does not mix with the mothers, so i'm told.

Doctors and midwives are not concerned xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back