Rhesus negative

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I think there was a thread on this but cant remember so posted a new one.
Got a letter from my hospital today saying that my blood is rhesus negative and ive been given a card to show docs after delivery that i will need an injection if baby is rhesus positive which is likely. Also to get an injection at 28 weeks.
Has anyone else got this? I think i understand it all, that basically i need injections incase babys blood goes into my bloodstream and it stops antibodies if baby has rhesus positive.
Sorry if this is confusing, ive had a really bad day and my head is all over the place lol.
Also to anyone who knows about rhesus negative. If i dont get injection and antibodies gets in my bloodstream, what happens to me? x

im negative to u just need to get the anti d injection i think you get it once in ur pregnancy then after u have the child. I have antibodies and antigens in my blood and ive to get an extra anti d and to get regular blood tests to make sure they dont rise.x

I'm rh- and have my jab in a few weeks, it is because if the baby is a + you may form antibodies that attack a future baby.

If you don't get it then you could risk miscarriage of any further babies, however if the father is also rh- then there is no risk.

I'm rhesus negative too and my midwife gave me a really helpful pamphlet about it. Basically the injections stop your body from developing antibodies that could endanger any future babies that may be positive. Otherwise, your body thinks the positive blood group is a virus that needs to be attacked!! The anti-D injections stop that.

Xx

I was going to say exactly the same as everyone else..it's nothing for you to worry about at all, and nothing will happen to you, but because the baby may have the + rhesus antigen (a little group that sits on the surface of the blood cells) and you are Rhesus negative, it's something that your body doesn't recognise, and just like when anything else enters our blood that isn't usually there (infections etc) your body will find it and think it's something it needs to make antibodies against, so you could have an immune reaction to it. The anti-D injection is just to prevent your body from doing that x

I'm 0 negative aswell hun and the girls have said it all, its nothing to worrie bout :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back