Just had MW app.....I'm rhesus negative

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got back from my mw appointment, all went well result of all blood tests from last time are negative - and also I'm rhesus negative, so some nice Anti D injections coming my way! Have to carry a card telling others I'm rhesus - incase I have an accident, and also have to make sure I report any bleeds (even spotting) & niggly pains to mw/ gp so that I can have anti d injection.

Heard baby's heartbeat, all fine and well there, and she confirmed that I have lost weight, mw isn't worried though, so I'll soldier on.

Hope everyone else is doing well too x

glad your not letting being resus negative get you down.

I am O neg too hun but theres no big problem apart from having those bloomin injections, I just had my last one, I had one at 20 weeks and then at 28 weeks and I may need one after she is born, its no biggy :D

The only good thing about being O neg is that you can give blood to any blood group, only downside to that is you can't have just any blood groups it has to be Oneg.

Your in our rare group hunny! your pure! Be proud ! :D

Exactly Tasha - we're special!!!! :dance:

I'm not letting it worry me, there's really no point - but I don't like injections so thats the only downside.

As long as baby is O neg I won't need more after the birth (so fingers crossed) but at least its for a good cause when it has to be done!

I have dead arm though from giving blood again today (yuk! :puke: ) for downs & spina bifida testing.

I am lucky not to have had any bleeding or spotting so far, so I am hoping that I don't have this to come so that it doesn't add extra injections! :pray:

I am special too hun as i am also rhesus negative,didn't get a little card though :( :D xx

Awww Nikki :hug: - mine came with the letter from the National Blood Service that was sent to the mw with my results, she told me to keep it with me in case anything happens and I have an accident or something (heaven forbid) and someone may need to find that information out - as I will need Anti D.

Its business card size and has my name, DOB & National Blood Service reference number on it as well as blood type - maybe give your mw a buzz & ask her about it.

Coincidentally they tested my bloods and produced my card on my birthday too - how cool is that!

I was given one of those cards on my 28 weeks appointment at the hospital when I had my last anti d :D

My OH is a B+ so I think they are just being carefull, She said wether the baby is Oneg or B+ she will give me another injection just incase I get pg again as this can cause me to have a blue baby and it needing a blood transfusion :)

so you get a special card..... :D

Glad appt went well in general, isn't it exciting to hear the heartbeat!

Got my app Fri!

im rhesus negative as well i have to carry a card round with me ,im dreading the anti d injections but it has to be done so

The Anti d injections reminds me of the BCG :? which isn't nice but its quick and I felt fine after, ay whats a bit of pain when it comes to looking out for your baby :D

And anyway labour is worse than a quick injection so don't worry ladies :D

Exactly! Its for a good cause & after Labour I'm sure everything will seem painless!

I think I may have to insist on the injection after delivery Tasha, the mw said today they won't give it to me if the baby is O neg, but its better to be safe than sorry hey.

Looks like there a few of us on the forum so its nice to know there's company :hug:

Yes there are a few special blood group ladies on here :D , im here if theres anything you would like to know, I have had spotting before and had the injections so if your unsure about anything just ask :hug:

Watch it of you ever give blood though! They send me all kinds now, keyrings, videos etc Because I'm special :rotfl:

Minime said:
Watch it of you ever give blood though! They send me all kinds now, keyrings, videos etc Because I'm special :rotfl:

lol that happened to my mum shes also O neg they even sent her a christmas card one year aswell thanking her for her blood from over a year ago :lol:

lm rhesus negative too! Yeah, those anti d injections are a pain in the bum (pardon the pun!!) Your blood has to be taken more too through pregnancy which is no fun either. But its nice to know we are that little more special! Didnt get a card to carry around though.

I am rhesus negative too - happen to know this, but the midwife hasnt picked up on it. What are anti-d injections? I guess they will pick up on it in time.

well done emmylou, hearing heartbeat is greast isn't it :hug:

i am rhesus negative too. my letter from hosptial said i will need injections unless hubby is a compatible bloodgroup. im not too worried as the MW said nowadays it isnt anythig to worry about. if we have to have injecitosn after the birth does that mean we will haev to stay in hospital longer?

rusks said:
well done emmylou, hearing heartbeat is greast isn't it :hug:

I know! It's absolutely amazing! We have a doppler so had been using that last week, but the heartbeat was so strong when the mw did it! Sounded just like a train!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back