Resigned Myself!! UPDATES WITH PIC POST10 FOR JJMUM

frankie707

Reaction score
Well I have had to resign myself to moving into maternity uniform for work. Have to stand up and do presentations at different squadrons around the airfield and in my normal uniform (which is getting a little too tight) it just looks like I am fat so at least in maternity wear people will know why I look big!!!

Having a bit of a fat day today though - just feel a bit horrible about my body. Anyone else's bump look like fat when sitting down but then looks and feels like a pregnancy bump when they stand up?

Think I am just put off by all the people who say they didn't show with their first until 6 months and here I am at 18+ weeks with a bump, am I going to be huge?:oooo:

Last edited:
Yep I totally feel like this standing up look pregnant sit down I look like I have eaten all the pies!! U have done well though I have been in maternity clothes since 10 weeks!

wow they actually make a maternity uniform, that's great, no worrys wth what to wear then

pics please of you in it Frankie!!

Don't worry about size of bump, it's so much nicer to show earlier as otherwose, once your sporting a bump, your pregnancy is over in a flash X

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like my belly is just flab and others like it's a proper bump, all depends what I'm wearing and how I'm sitting really! I've also started wearing some maternity stuff and it definitely does help you to feel more pregnant rather than just chunky!

Yep - I know exactly what you mean. I got my maternity jeans today and they look fine standing up - a nice bump - but when I sit down just looks like fat and overhang!

Wear it with pride Frankie, I bet you'll be much more comfy in it too:dance:
I had a right podgy belly to begin with anyway so feel like a complete fatty boom boom at the moment :lol:

Thanks girls :) For now I'm up with restless leg syndrome- oh the joys!!!

JJ Mum- I'll try to remember to take a pic in my uniform and stick it on tomorrow.

yes i look pregnant when standing and then feel fat when i sit down and in some clothes i look pregnant and in some i dont xx

I still have a weeny little bump which only my OH and I can really tell that it's there. It doen't really show under normal clothes as I'm not in maternity clothes yet, apart from my work trousers.

I want bumpage! *sulk* I suppose I don't feel so bad about not having a bump now that know the bigger it gets, the more pain I get to be in, most of me is yelling "stay in there!! dont you dare grow any more!!" Also since I can feel bub swooshing about in there, that's all the proof I need that i'm having a baby! :D

xxx

Okay this is my maternity dress for work - not sure how well it has come out but at least people knew I was pregnant at work today!!

Maternity Uniform.jpg

Attention! Yes Maam!

It's very 1940's wartime glam isn't it? You just need pin curls and bright red lipstick to go with it!

I wish I had a maternity uniform... I just look like a tramp most days.

Yep - I know exactly what you mean. I got my maternity jeans today and they look fine standing up - a nice bump - but when I sit down just looks like fat and overhang!

i am JUST the same!!

my £3 next maternity jeans dont help either :-( lol they look ok and are reallly comfy, they just make me look like i have overhang, its not good,lol

x

your uniform looks really nice,

im struggling to not look scruffy as ment to be smart / casual for work, but its difficult, and my belly seams to be making my t.shirts shrink up it!! grr

dresses it is from next week on i think, if it stops with the misserable weather :-(

xxx

:) thanks Rayoflight - Suppose you're right it is pretty wartime glam isn't it?! Actually looks better (more feminine) than any of the rest of my uniform.

You look like you should be starring in Pearl Harbour with Kate Beckinsale!

Oh wow - Thanks lots Frankie- I'm not girlie, but that's great, straight from the 2nd world war films!
does it have ties at the back for when you get bigger (and you so don't look big yet!) or do you get a bigger size, as it doesn't look very stretchy material?

Nice to be walking around in a "look i'm prnegnant" statement tho - enjoy

Love the uniform! wish i had a uniform too, stuggle with looking smart and having no well fitting clothes :-( x

Hi, your uniform looks great!! I had to a few weeks ago buy navy linen trousers with a tie waist for work as I spilt my work uniform trousers down the side!!

Thanks girls!!!

JJ Mum - yeah its got ties at the back to loosen off as I get bigger. Also have trousers with strechy bit at front with a blouse for on top but it looks a bit scruffy as the shirt is worn loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back