maternity clothing = :-(

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
this is a bit of a rant... i supose! i am just feeling down in the dumps a bit. i'm not really showing much still, i have bump down low which is hidden by trousers, however i have defo got bigger, so i feel like even more of a big fat lump (then i did before) all my clothes fit me still,but clings to my HUGE love hangles and flabby bits. so i have been reduced to wearing 2 tops (which is driving me mad) i just dont look pregnant!
to top it off OH keeps saying, look on internet for some maternity tops... well i have been doing this for hours now and cant find anything i like :( so i am sulking!

i am quite a young mummy2be (21) and everything i look at just isn't me!

plus i'd probs just look like a great fat marshmellow anyway! awwww not fair! I WANT A BUMP

where is everyone else shopping for trendy maternity ware?????

I had the same problem and couldnt find anything nice anywhere, i found the best places at the minute are top shop, DP and New look even if you just buy plain things you can always jazz them up with lots of trendy accersories (sp?) neck scarfs and a nice pair of shoes.....

Good Look chick. xxx

h&m and dorothy perkins do some nice stuff and a good size range

oh im having the same problem hun, im also 21 and not showing at all, i just look fatter :( some of the clothes are just too mumsey.
although i dont want to buy too much, i did pop into H&M yesterday and picked up a few vests, and mamas and papas have some quite pretty things. I got a gorgeous dress for a wedding i have to go to tomorrow. but it is a little pricey.

Ooo, how about checking out ebay, there's some pretty awesome and really good price stuff.

Dorothy perkins and peacocks are good :hug: I know what you mean though most maternity clothes iv seen are very frumpy :hug: :hug:

no advice i'm afraid, at 6'2 there is absolutely nowhere i can buy maternity wear (except at Isabelle Oliver but at £90 for one pair of trousers i'd rather go naked!) so i'm having to make do with men's stuff
:(

have a :hug: though!

Hi

I got my trousers from Dorothy Perkins, although they sit under the bump and are annoying and actually nearly fell down earlier made my (female ) boss laugh.

As for tops I got them from New Look and Primark. They are normal smock tops as they are in fashion at the mo but I got a size 16 instead of my normal size 12.

Got size 16 pants from Tescos and they are huge bloomers so funny!

Mx

Hia i can totally sympathise with you i'm 24, altho i'm ready to pop any day now when i was your stage i had same problem. It got me so down, went shopping one day with OH and couldn't see anything half decent :wall: :cry: but was in that in between stage where my normal clothes just made me feel horrible as bump was slowly starting to show. At the time i thought i'd never look nice again in any clothes. my mum said to try dorothy perkins in different town as my town didn't have mat wear. Went to Dorothy Perkins and had quite good selection, bought pair of black skinny jeans which looked like normal jeans and have been so comfy and look nice too. Also bought pair of jeans with small strectchy waist band which i have lived in and quite a few tops which are trendy amd comfy. I also bought some normal tops in there which have doubled up well as mat tops.
Hope you find some clothes that make you feel kind of normal and comfortable. :D :)
It is shocking tho the lack of fashionable mat clothes, saw some horrendous clothes on my search which i wouldn't be seen dead in.

I find maternity clothes a pain too.
I have two pairs of flared jeans from newlook (one pair was only £12 and are my fav) a pair of lback linen 3 quarter lengths again from new look
Skinny jeans from dorothy perkins (quite nice but saggy bum if im not careful)
I've also jsut bought some size 10 combat style trousers for £10 which fit wonderfully under my bump and arnt maternity.

Tops however are a HUGE pain, i like nothing!!! I've got one purple top which makes my boobs look HUGE, and a black satin shirt which is getting a little tight on bump.

I've been living in topshop vests, they're soo long, but even they dont quite cover anymore. I also wear my bump band which stops any bump flashing going on.

I hate the fact i cant find any nice maternity tops at a fair price, I'm only 19 and i dont wanna look like a house or a frump!!!

i've got heaps off ebay. I'm quite competitive so bidding on things suits me down to the ground.

Also got a lot from New look, but not all stores stock mat wear and you can't get it off their website.

Next are the opposite only on website and i thought starting to get a bit pricey form something i will only wear for a few more months.

make sure you get jeans you like though, i live in mine three days a week (four when there is a bank holiday).

Sandi

I have two pairs of maternity jeans from Next which I am loving at the moment. Tops however are proving a problem, my town isn't really big enough to have maternity sections in the high street stores so I may have to go further a field. I am currently feeling a little bit bump-conscious at the moment and so am living in t-shirts with OH's hooded sweatshirts over the top. I keep thinking that if I start to show a bump people will want to touch it ugh!

I've not bought a single maternity top. All my tops were in the normal clothing sales from places like Debenhams and other high street shops. I just bought the smock style tops and so on and about 3 sizes bigger than I normally would. Fits both my boobs and bump and has done since Christmas.

I bought 2 pairs of maternity trousers from Mothercare to fit the expanding bump and that was it.

I'd go shop and look around :)

Rosie1 said:
no advice i'm afraid, at 6'2 there is absolutely nowhere i can buy maternity wear (except at Isabelle Oliver but at £90 for one pair of trousers i'd rather go naked!) so i'm having to make do with men's stuff
:(

have a :hug: though!

I've got this problem also at 5'10". It's not the width of clothes but the length. I've been to peacock today and bought a tshirt which just covers my bump but too baggy around boobs and shoulders. I've totally given up with New Look as the trousers are all ankle swingers on me :lol:
My favourite is Next maternity and Dorothy Perkins normal tall range in my normal size.

Hiya hun, im young also so i kno wot u mean about the maternity wear! It's a pretty mature clothing i think.

I've nearly gone up a clothing size already & have started showing dramatically over the passed week or so but dont wanna spend mega £££ on maternity clothing, anyway i went into marks & spencer 2day (which is sumwhere i never usually go inside) and they have some really good tops for £5, not actual maternity wear but the actual shaping is simular 2 maternity & they're longish also which will hide the love handles ;)

Also...If you check out the Tall section in New Look (sumwhere once again i never visit as im only 5'4 lol) you may find a couple of longer tops which will cover you nicely!!

Have you tried Red Herring in Debenhams? They have lovely maternity wear.

As others have said, the high street stores are aimed at young women as much as us more mature ladies :D Top Shop, Dorothy Perkins, Peacocks, Warehouse had a maternity section at one point.

H&M do lovely tops too.

I like to wear maternity tops to show off my bump, normal clothes in bigger sizes tend to drown me as they're bigger everywhere. You can always sell them on afterwards.

Im the same when I first looked at Maternity clothes I was just :shock:

They are very boring and plain and also waaaay to clingy for me, I like clothes that fit but arn't like a lycra suit I also love colours pink and purple and reds and blue but it all seems black and brown. I have just decided that I am going to stick too loose cami tops and loose dresses I will buy some jeans if and when I really need them so far I am okay though but I am not looking forward to having to buy maternity clothes :hug: :hug:

Also height is a problem for me as I am 5foot nothing and normal clothes are had to find but maternity for short people is impossible. :(

I bought maternity jeans from New Look - they're cheap but nice and comfy!!

I've got a couple of maternity tops but anything in shops "tall" ranges in a couple sizes up covers my bump nicely :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back