Need advice how to handle a work issue correctly :/

jojo_2012

Reaction score
Well. I work as a registered nurse. My uniform was tight to begin with. I found out I was pregnant at just 4 weeks.
I requested my maternity uniform at 9 weeks, on the form it specifies to allow 6 weeks for it to come in.
At around 16 weeks, my trousers didn't fit anymore. They gave me one normal pair of trousers just 3 sizes bigger.
I then went back at 23/24 weeks because the button popped off and they were falling down in the middle of my shift, so they gave me a nappy pin and said they'd chase up my uniform.
I'm going to be 27 weeks tomorrow, but have 1 more week off, and am hopefully going back next week at 28 weeks. Plan on working til 35/36 weeks.
I still haven't had a uniform provided, I am just pulling up my blue tunic higher and higher to stop it squeezing my bump, I look like Simon Cowell.

What should I do? My manager (matron) sees me walking round in a poorly fitting uniform all the time. Should I just say something to her, or should I put something in writing. What if when I go back next week my uniform doesn't fit full stop? Should I just show up in normal clothes and say now what????

Hmm difficult, I think I would write something down to someone as almost evidence that you have brought it up, mention how looking untidy is not proffessional? Sorry for no good advice but hope something is sorted for you soon! I would defo go in own clothes saying the old uniform is causing discomfort !

Hi Hun, I'd put it in writing, obviously being very polite it's prob not your matron holding it up. I'd give the following reasons:
1. You are no longer looking professional
2. The restraint on your bump is causing you pain
3. You feel you are unable to move around correctly as you feel restricted and are worried about trousers falling down, hence not concentrating solely on your important job
4. Ask for her contingency plan once this Ill fitting uniform does not fit.

Good luck x

I also work for the nhs and as they said uniform takes so long I went to the linen room and they had some old ones in stock, you could try this. If not turn up in normal clothes as the nhs hate to be seen doing wrong to their staff especially their pregnant ones! Xx

I've been to the linin room enough they know how big I am.

Thanks for all your help.

I think I'm going to turn up in my uniform. Maybe do an incident form because it hurts. See if I get anywhere that way. If not I'll show up in my uniform with a typed letter. So glad I'm not at work right now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back