Really need some moral support

Tigger87

Reaction score
My SIL is due Sept 1st. She's just gone into labour, at 26 weeks. I feel terrible.... I don't know what to say, what to think, what to do for them. We live so far away that we can't physically be there, I just feel really lost and sad and helpless :-(

Oh hun i don't know what to say except sending you lots of hugs xx

Babies can and have survived being born at 26 weeks hun. They will need all your support once baby is here because it will be in hospital a long time and that's when you can rally round for them :hugs: you have to keep positive xx

Last edited:
oh dear, i hope they can stop it, when i had DD1 there was a lady who was in for prem labour, it was the 3rd time they had had to try and stop it and they managed to stop it til then, she was 37 weeks by that point

Tey can't stop it. Her waters went Saturday and she is going to have it tonight or tomorrow apparently. She's in London, close to the best hospitals, and I'm telling hubby it's all going to be fine. It's another baby wiggles so it has to be strong and a fighter, and the odds I've read are very much in its favour.

I just wish there was something I could DO, rather than just thinking optimistically, but I can't :(

Hey tigger sending you hugs. Hope the baby is okay. Like the girls say babies can survive at 26 weeks. It's amazing what the doctors can do nowadays. Just keep thinking positive thoughts huni xxx

Oh how scary for you all, lots of positive thoughts coming your way! Fingers crossed for her an the baby xx

Oh tigger how awful for your sil. I hope all is goingvwell with her as ive only just seen your thread, but just to say a really good mate of mine was born at 26 weeks and other than not coming out of hosp for a while, she was totally fine and still is now , sending your family my thoughts right now xx

Sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs to u tigger xx

They had a baby boy early hours of this morning, he's had apgar scores of 8, 9 & 9 but still waiting on any more news about him.

Congratulations on becoming an aunty. The scores sound encouraging, really hope everything is ok. How much did he weigh?

Sending lots and lots of strength and love to your SIL and her OH and of course their wee man!! XXXXXX

Aww I hope he's ok. I also know someone born that early and now a little toddler, so I do think these days it's more often a good outcome with everything they can do. I can only imagine how scary though x

What are apgar scores? Are they okay ones he has been given? Congratulations to your family and you on being an aunty! Hope baby is doing okay and will keep on fighting! Xx

Those apgar scores are very positive take some
Comfort in that lets hope baby continues to do we with support :)

Great apgar scores! 7 and above is generally considered normal. Hope he continues to fight xx

Sending lots of hugs and hope little one will be ok take care x

:hug:

Congrats on the birth of your nephew.

Sending thoughts and prayers that all is well with the little guy and he does well

XX

Aww congratulations on becoming an aunty xx they're good scores hun xx thinking of you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back